Default Saturday August 16th

It's another windy weekend here, but the tides aren't that helpful for my beach, and there are no real waves..
    But I went out for the rising tide anyway as it was solid 5m weather from lunchtime onwards.

I was splatting about on my freestyle board for quite a while until high water itself, and by then it was more like 4.7 weather.

I packed up, thinking I might sail again this evening, with the tide on the drop.

And then I found I'd locked myself out of my van, doh, so had to break in, or else stand there all night in a wetsuit.
    I thought I'd launched with my usual extra key on the string around my neck, but in fact this was on the coffee table at home.

I think I'll wait until tomorrow now, although it's pretty windy out there, as I type this.

Chilly too the shorty wetsuit was enough earlier, but I think I may go for a full summer suit tomorrow.
    Blank space

Only 3 of us out on a warm sunny "Saturday", all on 4.7's..... Have the weekend warriors given up?

Nice swell pushing through at the end, looking good for tomorrow ..

Plenty out at Cooden, including Klaus in his goggles!
    Can't jump, won't jump.

Klaus sent me a pic last night with the goggles on... Hmmmmm

Worthing from 16:00 - 19:30: Full on 4.7 & 73l...better than expected. F...warm and only couple of guys out...only downer was lack of waves...Thinking Camber or L'Hampton for tomorrow.
    For Sale: Hot Air!

Surf Count '14: 15

Fantastic afternoon of sailing at Shoreham - few sailors out - took the 6.2 and 92 Moo tri and planed off the beach, after about 30 mins of high tide blasting came in and changed down to the 5.3 and had some lovely bump and jumping, some swell to ride off, very few waves to get any jumping so practiced gybing.
    Board and sail combo was lovely. Shortie on was perfect. Long awaited sail after 10 days of torture of wind and waves in cornwall and no kit!