Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Worst summer for wind ever ?

Guys whens the last time you had a good (windy 4.7m sail or less) in the UK ? Is this the worst summer ever for sailing ? I cant remember a worse one ? or a longer time off the water ?

Couple of weeks ago in the SE as it happens (4.7). But has been pretty bad for me this year, 17 planing sessions this year

As expected and is pretty standard for most years, last 4.7 session was probably April. This summer has not been bad if you have the right kit.

I keep Forces of Nature logs of sessions since 2007 and sail 4.2 to 8.5m. Worst summer by miles,Felixstowe. Good winter though.

4.7, 3 times in the last week and I'm fat. If you live far from the coast or your not allowed to sail other than a couple of hours at the weekend, your screwed.....!!

Quote Originally Posted by boards_RichC View Post
    4.7, 3 times in the last week and I'm fat. If you live far from the coast or your not allowed to sail other than a couple of hours at the weekend, your screwed.....!!
    An hour and a quarter from coast and can only sail at weekends and only on certain days usually (small kids & family obligations), yep this year has been absolutely atrocious for windsurfing.

Going on holiday to norfolk for week late august so hoping its windy then to make up for it a bit!

well i live 20 mins away from multiple beaches on the liverpool side and the wirral

(anyone who has watched the open golf tournament has been seeing the NE corner of the wirral in all its glory including west kirkby marine lake of the speed sailing fame in the shots )

i work from home and pretty much go when i want to (without feeling the need to visit a cafe to stuff myself full of cakes !)

but it's just not happened this year at all what wind we have had has been easterly of south easterly which is all wrong for round here but then again i have watched the Pozo event have un-usual wind had mates in medano sat there with no wind

so something has changed ?