Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Howard Plumb - RIP

I've just read on Facebook that Howard Plumb has died as a result of a cycling accident, Louise and i saw it together and are both very shocked. Howard for those that might remember him was a very talented racer in the Olympic Squad in the nineties as well as a very good all round windsurfer and super nice guy.

My condolences go to all his family at this time and I'm sure the rest of you who knew him will join me.
    Last edited by Graemef; 7th July 2014 at 07:02 PM.

Howard was a member of the Hayling beachsailors and I knew him and his family back in the 80's, very sorry to hear this, my condolences to the family.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beachsailors Northney.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	10234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Round Hayling Marathon.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	10235Howard is K207, going for a port tack flyer in the first pic and chasing Barrie Edgington in the second, both before he really made any impact on the scene, ie very young! Nice lad, and his Father was a nice chap too.

Weymouth 1995 Windsurfing event.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HOWARD.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	10238
    RIP Howard
    Still cant believe he has gone only the good die young.
    Howard is seen centred in the picture at the 1995 Olympic windsurfing trails at Weymouth which he won and went on to represent the UK

RIP and best wishes to the family

Picture

I was there all those years ago. Rob B K-80, so sorry to hear this bad news. Matt was a great guy and he will be missed. We had some great racing and great memory's. This picture brings them all back. My thoughts go out to family and friends.
    Last edited by Rob K-80; 8th July 2014 at 07:06 PM.

Jeff, you might notice there is a picture of you on my post above as well! No doubt many ex-beachsailors will have good memories of Howie.

Main boards: Flare 101, NuEvo 86, Reactor 82, NuEvo 73. Powered by Severne Blades and S1s.