Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

4.7 and Skate 89 at Meon, could've got away with 4.3 later on once the wind kicked in. Most others on 5.2-6.0. Broken now after nailing some forwards for the first time in ages! I forgot how much your back and arse get slammed when you don't quite get it right! Pretty fun freestyle conditions in the end, so all smiles!

Meon?

As in, Meon Valley/River? Hampshire.

Where do you launch from?
    Blank space

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    Meon?

As in, Meon Valley/River? Hampshire.

Where do you launch from?
    I expect he means just west of Hillhead, Meon Shore
    For sale: Tushy RD Wave 430cm 100% 80 & Ezzy 430 bottom 120 (very good condition)

Sounds like it was windy there.
    Blank space

Once the rain shower passed around mid day I went out at Evening Hill in Poole Harbour on a 9m in a gusty wind. I wish I'd waited a couple of hours as the wind increased and was more stable later on. Would have been better at BDC later too.

Longboard and 9m in the afternoon at datchet water for a few hours in the sun, planing on the light breeze. Then the wind picked up and I was well powered sailing off the fin. Managed to do a little jump off a bit of chop, don't think I got the fin clear but I did get the whole board out of the water, which is a first for me on a longboard. Had to re-connect the mast foot a few times in the water which was annoying, and was going to call it a day but decided to get my 120 futura and 7m out, and then spent a further few hours blasting around in the sun. Whilst I was enjoying sailing the longboard and planing consistently whilst others weren't, as soon as I got on the futura it was like getting into a sports car after being in a volvo estate!

great day, knackered and happy.
    '13: 37
    '14: 32

Wanted:
    4.2m (ish) Tushingham sail, don't mind if old/tatty, but no rips
    490 Mast Bag