Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

UK windsurfing weather from June 23rd

We are nearly at the end of June and still with no real wind in sight.

The high does break down this week with a small low forming around some thundery rain, but any wind set up will probably be easterly on NE rather than the SW breeze most want.

Some areas do have the odd star on Windguru – but mostly we're talking about big kit wind or maybe enough for a freestyle board. Please share any promising forecast you have seen for your area, bearing in mind this is a looking ahead thread – and not 'you should have been here yesterday'.

It's another changeable weather pattern in terms of wind detail, so we'll try and keep abreast of local chances of wind in this thread, ahead of each day.

Met Office charts currently show a lack of isobars, meaning not much wind:
    http://www.metbrief.com/EGRR.html

GFS charts go a little further ahead:
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel1.html

At the moment it looks like we have to look to July before the wind returns.

It's difficult not to moan about this when you realise that March, April, May and June have all been rubbish for SW wind.
    Last edited by basher; 23rd June 2014 at 10:33 AM.
    Main boards: Flare 101, NuEvo 86, Reactor 82, NuEvo 73. Powered by Severne Blades and S1s.

Its been rubbish for us, but great if you aren't a windsurfer!

Although since I live so far from any water, I struggle to find anything I enjoy doing to keep fit as its too hot for comfortable running. In my desperation I've been considering buying a bike, even though I don't like cycling. Desperate times .
    Going to interviews, hence wind is back. In case you were wondering...

FOR SALE:
    2008 Demon (5 Oceans) Custom 4.6m 5 Batten. Well used, but in good working order with no rips or tears. 80

PM me for more details/pics.

Midday GFS update is in, already on sites like windguru.

North Norfolk currently has a bit of wind forecast, from tomorrow.

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=354
    Main boards: Flare 101, NuEvo 86, Reactor 82, NuEvo 73. Powered by Severne Blades and S1s.

I reckon we've got more useful NE wind to come for pevensey bay. This kind of weather is crap if you live far from the beach, but if you're local you can be surprised how much you can get out and plane considering the forecasts. I guess the local effects are working well. Went out yesterday, a few knots more and I'd have planed on my 5.3

Really? I was driving along the seafront yesterday at Eastbourne and although the some of the T15 kids were planing, it didn't look like 5.3 weather to me.
    Trying not to work too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyboy View Post
    In my desperation I've been considering buying a bike, even though I don't like cycling. Desperate times .
    Go for it - its the perfect light wind alternative and great on these light and windless evenings (Road bikes are great but MTB gets you away from everything and is full of adrenalin filled moments if you find some good single track).

I've mainly been spending my time finishing off this prototype thing.. so far so good, it goes 26mph and has a good few miles range.

Hoping Wednesday morning ends up windier than forecast, as its my birthday and I really would like to get in the water.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*