Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Another "what car" thread

I have a VW Touran, which is designed well for transporting family and for transporting windsurf kit. I can even get a 9'8" SUP in it!

Unfortunately that is where the good design ends. It is a complete lemon. Most expensive car I have ever owned with big bills every year and no end in sight (dashboard is lit up like a xmas tree with warning lights right now)

It is intensely irritating owning an old car and it costing you as much to run as a new one. If you are spending all that money, you might at least get a new (or nearly new) car for it. So, that is what I'm going to do. Appologies in advance to anyone who ends up with my old one!

A van is not an option, so, what is a good family/windsurfing car? I quite like the look of this:

http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehicl...cv/nv200-combi

Anyone got any experience of one? It's hard to judge how windsurf kit would fit in without actually going to see one and playing with the seats (which I will do at some point).

I've looked at the Fiat Doblo too as I know rod likes his.

Obviously from the above 2 vehicles, practicality outweighs luxury or image for this purchase! Any other recommendations out there?

B
    Going to interviews, hence wind is back. In case you were wondering...

FOR SALE:
    2008 Demon (5 Oceans) Custom 4.6m 5 Batten. Well used, but in good working order with no rips or tears. 80

PM me for more details/pics.

we had one of these in Maui... amazingly flexible and couldn't believe the amount of kit and people you could get into it, with the various seating configurations

http://www.chrysler.co.uk/grandvoyager

Out of my price range naomi, but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Other than for windsurfing I don't really need a big vehicle. Anything that will comfortably get 2 boards inside and a quiverack on the roof would work for me 90% of the time, but its surprising how many cars can't easily fit 2 boards in, even if they are quite big!

FOR SALE:
    2008 Demon (5 Oceans) Custom 4.6m 5 Batten. Well used, but in good working order with no rips or tears. 80

Quote Originally Posted by Billyboy View Post
    http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehicl...cv/nv200-combi

Anyone got any experience of one? It's hard to judge how windsurf kit would fit in without actually going to see one and playing with the seats (which I will do at some point).
    Have you seen one close up? They are big - nearly as big as your average transit type van.

Fiat Doblo is the only way to go - the coolest uncool.
    Last edited by rod; 30th May 2014 at 02:29 PM.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016

There is an NV200 van parked at the end of my street which I assume is the same size. It looks quite small to me. Similar to the Doblo. In fact I just checked the dimensions and they are nearly the same - nissan is a tiny bit longer and doblo a bit wider...

FOR SALE:

Also, if I got a doblo we could never sail at the same beach again. It'd be like turning up to a ball in the same dress

FOR SALE:

i have a new shape 56 plate Kia sedona TS model

7 leather removable seats auto gear box 2.9 turbo engine leather heated seats in the front cruise control air con front and back zones electric open and close side doors
    tail gate boot for changing under all the back 5 seats come out to make it a van
    but have never needed to just drop a seat forwards and there is plenty of room for kit and passengers

really nice drive bit thirsty but i am happy to pay for the comfort and room available

i would highly recommend it