Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

As Autumn arrives in the UK, it's Spring in Cape Town and getting hot on some days.

My mate just sent me this pic from this afternoon.

Despite the lack of wind and waves shown, any pic of Cape Town gets me checking flight prices.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7508.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	10844  
    Blank space

I bought a new house so haven't spent as much time on the water as I would have liked. Spent much of the weekend working. Turns out we are on the Guinea Fowl highway that runs from Table Mountain to Camps Bay.

In case anyone wonders if it actually blows in Cape Town, look at this Pine Tree at the bottom of our new garden. As soon as it gets out of the wind shadow, it grows horizontally!

Speaking of wind, the windy season has definitely kicked off. My wave kit not having made it out of packing boxes, I went to the Vlei on Friday but there was too much wind for my 5.4 so I didn't even go out. I believe the boys had a fantastic session at Haakgat.

I did get out yesterday though in very light stuff.

First go on the new Patrik.

[/endblog] ;-)
    Last edited by Capie; 6th October 2014 at 09:39 AM.
    My Boards: 1992 Windsurfer One Design, 2012 Fanatic Freewave 85l, 2013 Fanatic Gecko 105l

Cape Town from the air – drone/quadcopter video (scenery, not windsurfing) :

http://vimeo.com/108632712
    Blank space

It looks like being windy for the next few days in Cape Town.

Unfortunately, the lake cam seems to have been stuck on an old pic for a week or so, but the windspeed is accurate for what's on the lawns:

http://www.cape-town.at/webcam.htm

(The picture shows the date in the top right hand corner).

Note too, that Cape Town is now two hours ahead of the UK since we went back to GMT.

I have friends who are now coming out to join me in Jan/Feb time, but they are struggling finding flights at a reasonable price at the moment.

Virgin have a minor seat sale (ending soon) which covers December flights but not those leaving in the new year.
    To fly with Virgin in January is coming out at nearly 1000 for an economy seat at the moment.
    In previous years, there has been a November seat sale, so it may be worth waiting a week or two before you book – to save maybe two hundred quid.

Or perhaps look at Turkish airlines as an alternative.

The choice over airlines is 1) Will they take windsurf kit, and at what price?
    2) Do they fly direct and, if not, how long are you travelling for?

BA flight prices might be better than Virgin's at the moment, but they won't carry kit. Same with the SAA flight (which is via Jo'Burg, and you have to change planes).
    Blank space