Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

There might be waves but they probably won't be more than head high and soft and slow moving. So you need a bit of help from your sail.
    This is where I'm going - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-millions-0530.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	11276 and it is about 1km down wind of Blue Lagoon surf break, St Vincent.

A lot of people get frustrated windsurfing in the caribbean because they take small wave gear and spend all week "nearly getting going" but if you can get planing you can have a great time.

Back on topic - when traveling to somewhere like the Caribbean kit choice isn't too hard as the wind is very consistent both from day to day and the gusts speeds ie today here we have 20 gusting 40 kts forecast where as most of the caribbean will have 17 gusting 19 kts. Places like Pozo they are hard to "pack light" for as you might have to cope with everything from force 4 to force 9. Even 3 sails can struggle to cope with that.

looks to be a nice place!

windwise our changing climate could always deliver some surprise..

Just got one of those prolimit session bags which has a detachable wheel base. It's designed to take a board 3 sails 2 masts and a boom in a single bag with ample padding for travel and some good looking grab handles. I have the medium which is 255 x70x30 and having put it on the scales weighs 5.1kg and the wheel base is 1.5kg. I will let you know how it performs after the trip in March.