Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45

Quote Originally Posted by Billyboy View Post
    I think the only time I've had genuine quality waves without a crowd on a surfboard was at Raglan in NZ. Just me, 2 mates and 1 freindly local for several hours on a perfect long head high point break. I bet that never happens now!
    Hmmm….yeah…nah…actually it does happen even now but more by luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Stev-0 View Post
    Hmmm….yeah…nah…actually it does happen even now but more by luck.
    I may just head there next week for some quiet surfing, see WindyKen and enjoy some spring sunshine! :-)
    Sessions 2014: Windsurfing - 3, SUP - 22

Some nice crowded waves here. I wonder what the vibe in the lineup was like? I'm guessing intimidating. I would have HATED it. The section with Laird on his SUP also shows how daft anti-SUP sentiment is amongst prone surfers. Laird takes a completely different line and can therefore share waves with a prone surfer reasonably successfully where 2 or more prone surfers on a wave ruins it. Again its not Lairds formidable skill that allows for this tactic - I've SUP'd at fistral on a warm sunny day in august and got loads of waves without hindering prone surfers at all - I just told them to catch whatever they wanted, even if I was on it, and when they did we were rarely fighting for the same space on the wave. Maybe with shorter SUP's its different though...

Full time windsurfer. Hence zero wind. In case you were wondering...

FOR SALE:
    2011 5 Oceans 4m 4 Batten. Good condition. 180.
    2008 Demon (5 Oceans) Custom 4.6m 5 Batten. Well used, but in good working order with no rips or tears. 80

PM me for more details/pics.

Talking of crowds, when SUPing, beware of playful dolphins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnMl-iPWkBA
    Blank space

I need to buy a second paddle for my second board and im thinking about something better than my current RED fibreglass one. At the weekend I used a full carbon one (K3d) which has a large size paddle and this seemed great. Intended use is mainly flatwater with a sboard blend but with some wave use occasionally. Budget is 200 max. Anyone using a large paddle size? Im also tempted to settle for carbon shaft with fibreglass paddle, something like an x-paddle.

If you paddle mainly fatwater you are probably having more fun on touring board of 12.6/14ft.
    Unless you are really into racing a carbon shaft and fibreglass blad will be fine.
    Technicly most paddlers benefit from a slightly smaller blade and higher cadence as the other way around.
    A big blade can almost kill you (or at least torture your tendons).
    188x90kg 40y old, Supper/Windsurfer.

Witchcraft Fextail96 + Flikka84l Hot Quad
    Hotsails Firelight 6.0+ 5.3+3.4 KS3 5.2+4.6+4.0 + Ultra masts, lots of K4 fins.
    Starboard 14+12.6 racesups wavesups in 10+9+8.2