Default Kit Rental between Sete and Perpignan

We're driving down to Provence for a wedding in mid September then spending a few days at a friends place in Sete. Unfortunately we will be in the car so no room for kit, (except for a wetsuit and harness).

I've done a bit of searching on Leucate and Gruissan and nothing much comes up, can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I may be able to hire kit for a few hours, either on the coast or on one of the Etangs.

Location, Location... Hastings / Perpignan

Hi T
    as far as Leucate is concerned, I've not hired kit there but there are quite a few windsurfing shops ( at least 5/6) so must be available in some of them.
    in one spot, away from the seafront, there are 4 shops together.
    I always sail further south, but have sailed the Etangs when it was totally offshore a couple of times.
    Hope you get something sorted.
    mmm.....................

Where's JKRR when you need him? He's another that knows that part of the world well!
    Just because you shout loudest don't mean that you're right!

J'arrive!!!!!

OK Leucate, Wesh Centre Crew at Le Goulet on the way into the area, all Naish new gear in one of the best minimal weed bump and jump locations in the area, safe to sail even in 40-50knts and I think that Julien has even got a jump ramp and boards that he will let you use on them. Also rents SUP's

Eole or Teleski - there are 2 rental centres, one is just past the Teleski, mixed stuff all quite anonymous, the other is near Coudalere and is a Gaaastra Tabou centre run by a couple of freindly German guys.

For rental thats about it as far as I know, the shops sell but don't rent, remember its a high wind area who would rent you kit in 40knts?

Do ask the shops about forecast etc as they know it inside and out. There is a spot guid you can get down there that tells directions and conditions etc, its a playground!

This is useful - http://www.tourisme-leucate.fr/accue...les-spots.aspx
    The Windsurfer Formally Known as JKRR - TWFKJKRR or "Him in the Red Shorts"

Thanks very much for the info guys. I've done some research and Wesh Centre at Leucate looks to be the place to go for a nice bit of flat water blasting, also I met Julien Taboulet a few times when Andy competed on the PWA so it will be cool to catch up with him again.

I'm not going on his jump ramp though, when I organised the Boat Show Indoor I managed to sail most of the way down the pool once but never even considered trying the ramp I built and I'm far too old to play silly games like that now.

Thats a good connection to have made and Julien is a very positive bloke, I think they even have a wake style slider bar so if you don't brave the ramp.............

If its more than an F5 then Le Goulet gets some good wind blown chop that makes great natural ramps and the great thing is you can jump on both tacks so the South Cost Starboard tack bound can get some Port tack practice.
    The Windsurfer Formally Known as JKRR - TWFKJKRR or "Him in the Red Shorts"