Default Naish Boxer Rigging Info

hi
    Does anyone know where i can get hold of the rigging guide for an 06 Boxer. Can't see any archive stuff on the Naish site or by googling.
    Cheers
    Paul

nice house with horses, cats dogs, and bride. USA

http://www.naishafrica.com/techsheet...Catalog_Lo.pdf

27 pages here.. might be useful

I think that sail wants a fairly stiff top mast, unlike the newer offerings.

The info on this.may help

http://naishmaui.com/

I so like Ezzy and HotSails Maui, they both archive sails.

K4 Fins
    4Boards.co.uk

May the fours be with you

The older boxers were a bit more DH sensitive IMO, too little made them very uncomfortable and you also need just a bit of positive outhaul whilst keeping a good sail depth. I always rigged on the same model year mast from Powerex and it rigged bang on the numbers.
    The Windsurfer Formally Known as JKRR - TWFKJKRR or "Him in the Red Shorts"

Thanks for the replies, tried rigging it yesterday and looked alright just by using printed mast and boom settings. Not the easiest to thread mast through. My mast might be too stiff (prolimit 370 c60 rdm) as downhaul seems to be super high tension. Snapped my old downhaul rope on first attempt! Will hopefully test on the water tomorrow, will find out if its for me or not.

nice house with horses, cats dogs, and bride. USA

doubt its too stiff over all, might be in the bottom, 60% , I was going to say is kinda light on the carbon, then thought my small ones are 65%

dont remember what year my 5.8was, maybe '07, rather sensitive to d/h o/h

like said above

K4 Fins
    4Boards.co.uk

May the fours be with you

Quote Originally Posted by paulw1nd View Post
    Not the easiest to thread mast through. My mast might be too stiff (prolimit 370 c60 rdm) as downhaul seems to be super high tension.
    Sounds right my 08 boxer took a ton of downhaul - or at least was hard to downhaul (and thread the mast) - much more than my current Ezzy's. Great sails though, particularly in the 5m range.

I also used an ezzy mast (constant curve) and tush (soft top) on the 08 and 06 Boxers I had to good effect. I think they went stiff top 09-11/12.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED 31 Dec 2012
    Bumper Christmas

The 06 doesn't need a stiff top, it needs a constant curve. Aeromax/Powerex are perfect, Ezzy works well. They went stiff top in 08-12.

Ignore the printed settings, I've never known a sail to have such wrong settings on the tack (some 5.0 and 5.8 models even had the wrong mast requirement printed on them!) and just set them according to eye. Downhaul until the leech is loose to the second batten (no more) and then outhaul to just bring the battens back a little. That's a great all-round set. From there just crank on more d/h and o/h in tandem if you desperately need more top end (you won't!).

That gives this set here. Lovely twist, good power, excellent range.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1873 with K on sail web copy.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	9696
    Last edited by lostboy; 17th February 2014 at 09:13 AM.
    Just because you shout loudest don't mean that you're right!