Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    unfortunately heard someone on a local radio station describe the event as extremely irresponsible
    We heard that on the Bluff and the poor BBC girl that was stood with us came in for some fearful stick. Apparently it was the usual "my editor wanted a different story to the one I put through" situation and, having heard some of the stuff she was recording (with members of the crowd and the Red Bull media team) it's clear she had a "pro" agenda and someone in the warm studio had another.
    Just because you shout loudest don't mean that you're right!

As far as the news goes, there are far more windsurfing pictures/mentions than surfing or similar watersports, especially when the storms come round. Definitely a good thing.
    Hope there's some RBSC footage on the BBC news today, sat up watching it last night but no mention yet.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

DESTRUCTION LOG:
    - Discontinued :-)

“As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!”

Quote Originally Posted by boards_gmac View Post
    Windsurfer in the Daily Telegraph today. I've always wanted to do this, never had the right flood near me.

Attachment 9622
    On a few occasions I have eyed up the Arun valley around Bury / Houghton, but the fear of Pulborough's drains and submerged barbed wire fences has put me off. The hitherto dormant publicity seeker suddenly likes the idea !
    My Flickr Windsurf collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bsideth...7622592103903/
    Hayling Windsurf & Kitesurf Photographers: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1993863@N23/

I agree about the debate whether it is irresponsible is good - it is good for the sport: showing windsurfing as an exciting, edgy, risky extreme sport, rather than something practiced by semi retired gentleman in local harbours. (Rod)
    Oi! Nothing wrong with semi retired Gentlemen in harbours

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.e View Post

Oi! Nothing wrong with semi retired Gentlemen in harbours

... or bald polytechnic lecturers. But let's all pretend we are pro freestylers on a lake in a white enclave of Africa and more importantly convince the BBC of that fact in order to ensure a steady supply of harness hooks.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Assimilating with the cyber-hive since 2004.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    1 hour ago · reply · retweet

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    When I used to run a shop on Brighton seafront between the piers, I would regularly launch from there, often in wild conditions. People would come up to me and ask if it was safe what I was doing.
    Windsurf shop or something else? Were you involved in the shop in the arches?
    Just because you shout loudest don't mean that you're right!