Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Half of that post would be fine if it weren't for the other half.
    This was not a thread about the RBSC, but a thread about knowing your limits ahead of a wet, cold and windy weekend in early February. Try reading the opening post. 'Ill-timed?' you say?

It is also no 'trolling' to suggest people take care, perhaps remembering they have family responsibilities as well as their own need to conquer big waves or strong winds. The thread title says it all: know your limits. Sail with a friend. Wear a crash helmet if you have kids.

As far as the Red Bull Storm Chase goes, I was the first to flag up the event on here, albeit in the 'wet January' thread. As I made clear, if I was in the UK, I would have gone down to watch.

If there's a connection between today's event and this post then that's after me seeing the injuries at the recent Red Bull Kite event in Cape Town.
    Respect to all the sailors who not only push their own limits, but also do it in the name of our sport.
    The wind looks rubbish over Easter but try beaches open to NE winds on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    This was not a thread about the RBSC, but a thread about knowing your limits ahead of a wet, cold and windy weekend in early February.
    Only it isn't. It's dry, sunny and at 8c not exactly a heatwave but not freezing either.
    Unfortunately due to man-flu my limit is a family walk :-(
    Here to share the love.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    Half of that post would be fine if it weren't for the other half.
    This was not a thread about the RBSC, but a thread about knowing your limits ahead of a wet, cold and windy weekend in early February. Try reading the opening post. 'Ill-timed?' you say?

It is also no 'trolling' to suggest people take care, perhaps remembering they have family responsibilities as well as their own need to conquer big waves or strong winds. The thread title says it all: know your limits. Sail with a friend. Wear a crash helmet if you have kids.

As far as the Red Bull Storm Chase goes, I was the first to flag up the event on here, albeit in the 'wet January' thread. As I made clear, if I was in the UK, I would have gone down to watch.

If there's a connection between today's event and this post then that's after me seeing the injuries at the recent Red Bull Kite event in Cape Town.
    Respect to all the sailors who not only push their own limits, but also do it in the name of our sport.
    +1
    Life's better in board shorts.