Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Riks?

Quote Originally Posted by Graemef View Post
    Adam earned enough to emigrate to Sweden, it's not cheap out there, you'll have to ask Nick how much he charged..
    Too much - I had to go straight!
    Tacking is the new gybing.....

[QUOTE=niall1;970567]
    Quote Originally Posted by lostboy View Post
    Not all businesses that disappear "go under". It may be that Rik chose to simply shut because of the frustration with all the JP/NP UK changes over the last few years.

Close to the mark there.

Rik ran a very good shop. Period.
    There is two side to everything. The story I know is rather different from Graemef slander.ˇ
    If it's libel (slander is spoken, libel is written) then I'm sure that Grumpf will be expecting a letter from a solicitor.

In the meantime I'm sure the story that you know, probably from Rob and perhaps Rik himself, will be as one-sided as the "other" version. Probably best for everyone to keep their counsel, for customers to mourn the loss of what they perceived as a good shop with good service and let any other issues work themselves out.
    Just because you shout loudest don't mean that you're right!

It's a matter of public record.

Quote Originally Posted by lostboy View Post
    Probably best for everyone to keep their counsel, for customers to mourn the loss of what they perceived as a good shop with good service and let any other issues work themselves out.
    Couldn't agree more. The only reason I said anything at all was because people were criticising Pryde for not helping out. This is not the place to start flinging mud. Those people who feel they've had good service have had just that and can be contented in that kowledge. It is a massive shame that he has called it a day. The windsurf industry is small enough as it is, without long-termers dropping out of the game.
    Wish I was better, but don't we all?!

Quote Originally Posted by Graemef View Post
    NP has an Agent, there is a difference and much to his consternation his pricing was set by Germany and I'm going to guess this, but assume they are using Sterling to purchase Euro's which then buy Dollars or like GSM when they took the distribution from us in Dakines' case were just plain margin hungry.

It is terrible when any business fails but some are worse than others and I'm afraid as much as Rik might have been philanthropic with his customers, he neglected to pay his suppliers and we (I wasn't one of his but there are plenty like him) are fed up to the back teeth with bad debt caused by supporting businesses that the banks no longer wish to back, it is unfortunately the British disease and there is no longer any shame associated with not paying bills.
    Well this is pretty full on , id no idea of the business back ground behind the full of Riks (interesting) . Ive always said its must be almost impossible to be an honest surf shop ? because your soul as a surfer must say dont sell slave labour far-east kit to the guys in the sport you love ? but then youve got to do what it takes to be a successful business ? I couldnt do it . But your right graemef you must pay your debts . Shame it seems the best guys are normally NOT the best business man .