Default broken North boom head

The boom head on my North boom has broken (see attached). The rest of the boom is fine and so I wondered if the head could be replaced. Any advice?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 9.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	9506

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
    The boom head on my North boom has broken (see attached). The rest of the boom is fine and so I wondered if the head could be replaced. Any advice?Click image for larger version. 

Probably a case of calling round North dealers to see if they have a front end left in stock. This is from quite an old progression boom though, so you may have more luck looking on Ebay for a used one which you can rob the head off if the rest of it is in worse condition, or just replacing it.
    Wish I was better, but don't we all?!

Shame, I gave an old North Progression boom away recently, but TBH, you maybe better replacing it instead of repairing as its an old boom and liable to failure.
    New Blog

Looking for: 400 mast
    Selling: - Wordpress powered blog. Approx 2800 hits / 200 visitors a day. Ideal for generating traffic to your Windsurf or SUP business or generating commissions through eBay, Google or Amazon, etc. http://www.salinated.co.uk - dont have time to maintain so reasonable offers of a few hundred quid or trade some windsurf gear.

Support what's been said. That is an old alu boom, if possible you really should consider getting a new one.
    Rig - Simmer Black Tips 3.7 - 5.3, HSM FL 5.7
    Boards -Simmer FlyWave 85, Frugal 88, Freegal 100, Fanatic Skate 100, JP 9'3'' SUP

Moderates www.surfzone.se, wind and wave community in Sweden

Spares only I'm afraid, once you do that sort of damage you can't rely on there not being other hidden nasties elsewhere, the new North Silvers are very very good and at a great price point.
    The Windsurfer Formally Known as JKRR - TWFKJKRR or "Him in the Red Shorts"

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post

Thats not just common to North all bolt through booms go there after time its the preasure point plus salt water in the boom arms will corrode it and it snaps there every time. I use north booms ,i like them but their worst fault is the transparent clamp front end in your picture normally snaps where your clamp rope knot is located .The newer square front end booms are really pron to shattering . good luck. Ps , Always carry two booms or spare head and arms somewhere in your van .
    Last edited by big wave dave; 21st January 2014 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks all for the good advice, I think I will bin it and get a new one! Can't make up my mine between a North Silver HD or a Chinook Pro 1