Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by tooold2dance View Post
    they sent me a Severne ball cap, pop over and its yours
    Im already checking which plane to catch! Maybe we can be the forums severne fanboys! We can post stuff about severne every day and answer in other threads in such a way that we get to talk about severne.

But then you need the ball cap and I need an other one.

nice house with horses, cats dogs, and bride. USA

umm

well I like the extension

K4 Fins
    4Boards.co.uk

May the fours be with you

Quote Originally Posted by tooold2dance View Post

are you old enough to be out in the dark alone, is your Papa nearby ?
    It's December. He has to go out sometime.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Assimilating with the cyber-hive since 2004.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    1 hour ago reply retweet

What else similar have you tried? I would be interested in comparison comments.

I have the 110 and have opted for 2 North RAMs and a North S Type..........very pleased with them, the only drawback perhaps being that they are heavy albeit that is only noticeable when carrying to the water or water starting. Always interested in quality alternatives.

I have sailed three different sails on the 2013 110. A 2012 Neil Pryde H2 8.2, a 2010 Simmer SCS 7.0 and a 2013 Simmer SCR 7.8.
    I have sold the 8.2 and 7.0, but are planing to keep the 7.8. The 8.2 was nice in light winds, but it became to heavy to early when the wind went up. It was the first sail I had for the board and I became to curious to what a full on race sail would do to the board that I sold it and bought the 7.8.
    I think the board is perfect with the 7.8, but I have had a few days where I could do with more power and that is the reason for getting the 8.6.
    When it is stronger than what is fun with the 7.8 I am way into my freestyle 92/5.2 territory. That is also why I sold the 7.0, I could never get myself to stay on it when the wind was strong enough for powered up freestyle.
    The 7.8 has a huge range. It is quite heavy but as you say I only feel it carrying it to the water but also in light wind slogging. As soon as I am up to speed it is perfect. I use to do between 26 and 28 knots on the board, but I think I will do over 30 knots next time I get a little stronger wind, I just have to remember going deeper than I use to.
    Reason for going Overdrive is to get a lighter rig in the lighter winds and a easier rig to work with in early planing and also get nicer cam rotation. I like jibing. The Overdive looks quite racy, but it does feels much lighter than my SCR. I am very curious to how it sails.

The day I get tired of pretending to be a pwa racer I will probably sell both the 8.6 and 7.8 and just get something like a Severne NCX 7.5. Can not see it happen yet.

What kind of fins do you have for the 110? Right now I have two z-fins, 38 and 41. I use the 41 all the time with the 7.8. I might need a bigger one for the 8.6, maybe a 44? The 38 I used with the 7.0 but decided to keep it for some speed runs with the 7.8.

Btw, my weight is 72kilos.

I have Select S1 39/41/43.....41 is really all it needs for most conditions. I use the RAM 7 and S Type 7.8 but also have the Is 107 so for clean 7m weather I use the 107.........the water is always pretty choppy in anything over bft 3 where I sail. Don't know about going NCX...it has a reputation for being nearly as stable as a cammed sail but I notice a huge difference going from Tush Lightning twin cams to the RAMs in terms of speed, total stability, and top end.

Tuning the cam tension made a huge difference to the performance of my RAM sails. Fortunately there is plenty of meat on the batten end of the cams, so it gives the ability to both use spacers to increase cam pressure or slightly reducing the effective length of the cam to reduce it. Enjoy the Severne

ps I am 78kg