Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Wetsuit 'tests'

Quote Originally Posted by lostboy View Post
    They are a little prone to nicks...
    Prone to my what?

I've got an NP shorty I've had for years and second that it's warm and comfortable, as is my short arm summer steamer from NP. It's the winter suit I had issues with - good fit and very comfortable, but leaky in the crutch. I think quite a few people had had similar experiences wit them, but admittedly, my winter suit (just replaced with a Spartan) is about 4 years old now so I guess I shouldn't expect it not to deteriorate.
    Tacking is the new gybing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jibe Monkey View Post
    Rod - it might be worth contacting Spartan or Snugg and see if they could make you a version of one of their suits but with a front zip in it? They are offering a custom fit suit made to your own measurements on their top line suits so maybe they could do this too?
    Thats what I've asked Snugg to do for my last three suits, won't have a rear zip in a suit again- stupid place for a zip...

Quote Originally Posted by Jibe Monkey View Post

It's the winter suit I had issues with - good fit and very comfortable, but leaky in the crutch.
    Was that the one you were wearing last night? I didn't want to say anything.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Assimilating with the cyber-hive since 2004.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    1 hour ago reply retweet

Quote Originally Posted by /Vico View Post
    Was that the one you were wearing last night? I didn't want to say anything.
    No, that was just over excitement caused by seeing you and recalling our time together in Brazil.
    Tacking is the new gybing.....

Wully from what I can figure out you have a chest zip dry suit from snugg, is that so? Any chance you could post some pics of it? Is it also partly single lined ?
    I have an ok winter suit (o'shea) but I would really like something for more hardcore winter conditions.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED 31 Dec 2012
    Bumper Christmas

I'll be getting my Isurus chest zip wet for the first time tomorrow... it weighs about a 1/3 of my ION winter suit, it doesn't look like it'll be as warm, but I'll wait and see what this Yanamoto neoprene is all about....

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    Wully from what I can figure out you have a chest zip dry suit from snugg, is that so? Any chance you could post some pics of it? Is it also partly single lined ?
    I have an ok winter suit (o'shea) but I would really like something for more hardcore winter conditions.
    Both my Snugg suits have a front chest zip. Not the 'Mini Zip' but a full zip from the top of each biceps. Both have as much single lined material in them as possible. My full winter 6mm suit is all single lined, the 4 mm suit has some double lining around the zip. The zips are almost 100% dry. The only evidence of leakage is seen when I take the suit off if I've been wearing a rashy, you can see somebody damp areas around the zip. I've. Never felt any cold water entry.
    the only downside to having the zip in front us when getting the suit off. It's a bit of a struggle to get an elbow out on your own with the 6mm suit.

im away from home for the next week or so but will try to remember to post some photos of both suits when I get back.

edit. I rarely wear a rashy under a wetsuit as it definitely cools you down, as does double lining. The only time I do is if I'm surfing- to prevent chaf.
    Last edited by wully; 9th December 2013 at 10:06 PM.