Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by big wave dave View Post
    or does he use the sail recommended by the board manufacturer ? .
    That. Wherever possible.
    He who dies with the most hats wins.

Reason i ask is i find my boards do feel slightly different with different sail brands on . Np combats work well ,North voodoo good, Naish Edge good , Ezzy Terrible . This is why i ask ,maybe its just me but id say use one sail say NP combat on all the tests for wave boards ? because if they dont sail well with NP then theirs something seriously wrong with the board . But im sure Adrian probably has a more superior way of testing than that . Look forward to reading the outcome .

Quote Originally Posted by big wave dave View Post
    Reason i ask is i find my boards do feel slightly different with different sail brands on . Np combats work well ,North voodoo good, Naish Edge good , Ezzy Terrible . This is why i ask ,maybe its just me but id say use one sail say NP combat on all the tests for wave boards ? because if they dont sail well with NP then theirs something seriously wrong with the board . But im sure Adrian probably has a more superior way of testing than that . Look forward to reading the outcome .
    It's all pretty academic anyway as the tests will be old hat now. Basher already has his 2017 Starboards on order.
    He who dies with the most hats wins.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianjones View Post
    Thanks guys. When I owned Boardseeker, we released approximately 5 big group tests per year. We took our time doing it and as such tried to build a reputation for detail and accuracy and of course for testing within the UK.

When I sold the business to Factory Media, I began doing the tests for Boards printed magazine and at that point I had to up our schedule to 12 tests per year to fulfill the print mag requirement. With that schedule it was impossible to wait for conditions in the UK and that's when we started testing in 'more reliable' climates.

There has been a lot of change, repositioning and general settling since the print mag changed from its monthly guise. In most areas things are going very well. We have a business model that is now structured much more appropriately to modern 'niche sport' media and with that I am confident that the Boards brand will not only exist, but continue to grow for many years to come. The web stats have grown significantly since the print mag stopped and far exceed the reach that was previously possible with print. At one point, the traffic to this site was only forum based, now more than two thirds of the traffic comes to view the editorial content which is great and 78,000 unique visitors per month is very strong indeed for a niche sport.

Not everything is how we want it yet though. We are owned by a large company now who add security and strength to this business, but inevitably this means that we sometimes aren't as quick to move as was previously possible with a smaller set-up. And that's how it has been with the testing. To us its a priority, but windsurfers are by far the techiest of the FM audience and to the other sports, test sections are much less critical so we have waited over a year now to get it implemented. Never the less, it is close to completion now and from what I have seen so far is very good. I am really looking forward to getting it in place and to start rolling with the tests again.

As for the detail and integrity of the tests, well you guys can make the judgement when they arrive, but I certainly have no reason to change the way that I have always tested. I really hope to be proving that very soon!

Thanks again for your patience.

Adrian
    Patience ?
    how long do you think we should wait?