Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Saturday 19th October 2013

Well the weather in Gwithian seems confused, because it's been August today. As Hazzabee spotted in the weather thread, we didn't get the wind and waves forecast, but we did get a beautiful sunny day, warm water, and just enough wind for a bit of marginal planing and small waves.

Unsurprisingly, the forecast has brought folks from quite a distance, and the best bit of the day for me was catching up with several folks who I'd not seen for years. One of those was GF8, who kindly lent me his big Chakra for a trial (cheers GF8).

Hariest moments of the day were my trips up and down the infamous goat track, which the night's rain had turned into a sort of rocky mud slide. It wasn't hard to tell the difference between locals and incomers there. The locals bounded up and down, full load of kit under one arm, munching a pasty held in the other hand. Whereas I found myself in a sort of Himalayan expedition of Northerners, clinging to the cliff face, whimpering, praying and passing kit along in a human chain rescue mission style.*

Anyway, whilst the conditions weren't quite as billed, it was still a damn fine day. A huge potion of fish and chips has now just been polished off, before early bed, in the hope tomorrow delivers. The wind is already getting up.

*OK, possibly I'm exaggerating a little.
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

Busy few days for me, moving stuff, but I finished earlier than expected today and was able to get my windsurf kit back out of storage and into the van - hopefully for the coming week's wind.

I had to go to Surfladle this afternoon anyway and found quite a few hanging around, hopeful of the late wind forecast.
    We all nearly gave up, but at 5pm it did fill in a bit and we got an hour or so on the water.
    I was planing on a 5m rig on my freestyle board but it was a bit iffy at times - and I should maybe have rigged my 5.5m.

But the sunset was nice, and the warm sea and air meant summer suit and no bootees.
    Warm up for tomorrow, hopefully.
    A green moon hung over Brighton as I drove home in the dark. .
    Blank space

Beautiful sunny day at Gwithian - not enough wind and waves but you can't have everything.
    (For my kit selection. _ should have rigged a 5.7m)
    80 odd photos of the day on this talented photographers page - Great shots!

The picture is actually me, but tagged as Gump from Juice!

Hopefully some more wind and waves tomorrow.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...user=776316881