Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sheffield sailing wherever there's wind and waves

A few years back Naish had a shop in Oahu (apparently one of the best waves in the whole of Hawaii is on Oahu) and you could get kit really cheap.

I think this may be it

http://www.naish.com/zcart/

There is an address on the contact us link

There used to be a Naish shop in Kailua, but that was a long time ago - not sure if it's still there.
    Tacking is the new gybing.....

Shop was still there in July this year. Looked like their inventory was 50% SUPs, 25% kites and 25% windsurfing equipment. I didn't see much 2nd hand gear in the shop.

Randy Naish has a shaping bay in the back of the shop, while I was there I saw a half finished board in the shaping bay that is supposed to be a 120 L wave board for the 2015 range, so sounds like Naish is still committed to Oahu.

Try googling flights between HNL and OGG, I think you can find them for less than $100, and board bags used to be $35 each way on inter island flights.

Thanks for the replies guys - much appreciated

I will contact Matt and the surf shops on Oahu, hopefully they can give some idea of the 2nd hand prices.

Quote Originally Posted by tjdodd View Post
    (apparently one of the best waves in the whole of Hawaii is on Oahu)
    For windsurfing that will probably be Diamond Head - not far from Honolulu. I think it works best in the summer. The best waves are on the north shore, renowned for many of the best surfing waves on the planet during the winter. I don't think windsurfers are particularly welcome there though!

Weirdly, I wrote a guide to Hawaii for American Airlines about 25 years ago - and they flew me out there to do my research! Seems like another world now....
    Tacking is the new gybing.....

I may be wrong, but if you ever look at any US magazines the prices quoted are similar to ours, but then they are in dollars, so are therefore a fair bit cheaper with exchange rates.
    Good luck to you, you spawny git !

Quote Originally Posted by cheech View Post
    I may be wrong, but if you ever look at any US magazines the prices quoted are similar to ours, but then they are in dollars, so are therefore a fair bit cheaper with exchange rates.
    Good luck to you, you lucky man !
    ftf our Danish cousins.
    He who dies with the most hats wins.