Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jp supersport

Lostboy , what do you sail? how old are you ? ,Not the new fsw from JP , read what i said 2003/5 jps , their far better than average ,lol. Witchcraft are good ? but production boards you have to go along way to beat JPs . . Ive sailed many boards and sails ?noway average
    Last edited by big wave dave; 18th October 2013 at 05:11 PM.

What I sail, how long I've been sailing, my ability and my sailing of other kit is all covered on here if you'd desperate to try and mount some kind of "you're not worthy" attack. I've sailed JP stuff a lot this year and have been unimpressed. You may feel differently, but I know that they don't do it for me. Oh, and I've sailed the boards mentioned in the original post, unlike you, so am probably a lot better placed to comment!
    Just because you shout loudest don't mean that you're right!

Attack ? what goes on ,on here ? im trying to workout why you would consider JP fsw as average ? how long youve been sailing ,to see if you have experienced older style kit ? etc etc , why would i want to attack you ? we are all windies on here and mates just exchanging ideas/stories/banter etc . Correct .I dont think you or anybody has more rights to comment on kit ? we all have opinions ? You dont know what ive tried ? new or old ? why be so aggressive ? . You know a mate of mine down Southend way said there was alot of agro & arsesoles on here ? Starting to think they must have got to you Lostboy ? not my intention mate .
    Last edited by big wave dave; 20th October 2013 at 07:45 PM.

lets not fight guys. Make windsurfing not WAR

Quote Originally Posted by big wave dave View Post
    Attack ? what goes on ,on here ? im trying to workout why you would consider JP fsw as average ? how long youve been sailing ,to see if you have experienced older style kit ? etc etc , why would i want to attack you ? we are all windies on here and mates just exchanging ideas/stories/banter etc . Correct .I dont think you or anybody has more rights to comment on kit ? we all have opinions ? You dont know what ive tried ? new or old ? why be so aggressive ? . You know a mate of mine down Southend way said there was alot of agro & arsesoles on here ? Starting to think they must have got to you Lostboy ? not my intention mate .
    I've sailed JP of most vintages and never bought one. I had Fanatic Freewaves and Goya Freewaves in that size before getting my Chakra. In every instance I sailed the offerings from everyone before I committed my money (the threads are on here). JP make fast, controllable boards but no faster and certainly no more controllable than anyone else. The Goya was a much better big board for waves and significantly more fun, losing very little in the early planing stakes or top speed. The Chakra is simply better at everything. If I had to guess why I am not a particular fan of the JP FSW I'd say that it revolved around the "old school" lack of width. Size for size their boards tend to be narrower than the offerings from the others. One of the reasons for moving away from the Goya was that they started getting narrower again. (To give you some idea, my Goya 95 was 62cm wide, the JP of the time was 59 and is still now only 60.5cm. The equivalent Chakra is 62.2cm wide.) In my preferred 105 size (for 6.2, 5.8 and 5.4 weather) there is a 2.5cm difference in overall width, the Kode is also the same width. In the 90 size (my smaller board, remember I am 95-100kg and 195cm tall) there is still enough width difference, as well as having a better range of size choices, to make it much better for me. When you then add in the better control that the tri offers when overpowered, the more float you can take because of the multi-fin set up and the better range it offers, it's a no-brainer.

As I said, it's all on here as I've discussed my buying preferences and selection processes openly, and will be doing the same again when I come to change sails soon.
    Just because you shout loudest don't mean that you're right!

Interesting , good post mate .