Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pathetic Sharks

Pathetic Sharks

Ladies/Inbetweenies/Gents...are you still out there? This 'call' is a bit like that emotional, tear-jerking scene from Winnie the Pooh:

Piglet: 'Pooh'
    Pooh: 'Yes Piglet?'
    Piglet: 'Oh nothing...I was just checking you are there'

Quote Originally Posted by boards_GraemeR View Post
    Ladies/Inbetweenies/Gents...are you still out there? This 'call' is a bit like that emotional, tear-jerking scene from Winnie the Pooh:

Piglet: 'Pooh'
    Pooh: 'Yes Piglet?'
    Piglet: 'Oh nothing...I was just checking you are there'
    You have come through to the Boards Forum.

For information on basher (copyright) press 1.

For information on Arf press 2.

For all other enquiries please go away.
    It is what it is.

Got an opinion? Great. Guess what, so's everyone else!

Ignore those two Graeme - they're still in their old and cynical phase (whereas we've come out the other side)

yes, we're still here - or rather some of us are and we can contact the others. We've just had a Pathetic Sharks visit to Jericoacoara and will be doing other trip next year (prabably) - I've got your contact details so I'll keep you posted. You can also ask here, but the responses might be a bit slow as one by one 'the Sharks' have got bored with the constant forum bickering and have wandered off. We probably need to get a FB group going or something....
    Tacking is the new gybing.....

perhaps you need some new recruits Nick.
    here to post about bacon (and other pork products)

Putting you on hold. Here's some music.
    It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwelly View Post
    perhaps you need some new recruits Nick.
    I'm not sure the Sharks was ever a membership organisation as such. More a sort of collective of individuals who self-identifed with the core values of the movement. Sort of like Dadaism, or the Tea Party. I think most of us are still around, apart from Adam, who emigrated to IKEA (which is a shame, as he did the website and rash vests). The leading thinkers driving the early direction of the movement tended to convene at a mystery London location on the first Wednesday of every month. As several of those associated with the early days of Pathetic Sharkism are recently returned from Brazil, and as the nights are drawing in, perhaps the first Wednesday of November would present a good opportunity for a reunion and to rekindle the spirit of Patheticism.

As was pointed out in a recent thread I chose to stay clear of†, meeting face-to-face helps make the forum a nicer place. Everybody attending London Drinkies uses their real names, it's rare anyone shouts "F*ck off D*ickhead!"‡ at anyone else, and it would be a good opportunity for the Shark-curious to determine whether some of the regular posters here are actually quite the bell-ends that we can sometimes appear to be.

Thoughts?

† but noted some kind comments in there. Thank you chaps.
    ‡ This could perhaps be adopted the secret code phrase by which we identify ourselves to each other in the pub.
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.