Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thanks you have been really helpfull, would you say a 122 isonic would be to big for me? Also is it worth spending more to buy a good fin I know when I raced formula the fin was really important. Thanks

The 122 is good with 7m plus when it is marginal or there are lots of wind shadows or lulls. I have a 122 and use that in preference to the 107 if those are the sort of conditions and/or there is a strong tide to fight. It just gives a bit more float and enables a bigger fin and so is more likely to get through the lulls/wind shadows and keep upwind. If the wind is reasonably constant the 111/107 is much more fun.

The fin makes a huge difference but the very expensive ones ( 250) are probably only going to have a noticeable impact on your performance if you are really on top of the rest of the set up. If you are buying new there are some good fins 100 to 140..........some of those can be found second hand but are still likely to be 80 plus.

Thanks for all the advice it's been really helpful. I have bought the 111 and a select 38 fin. All I need now is a gps!

Hi Hempy I think thats a good combo with a big range from 8.5 down to 6.0 and you might want a 36 as well for when it gets windy, I use a 39 on my 110 Mistral with 7.8 and 7.0 and then drop to 37 or 35 with my 6.2 as the 39 generates too much list for me at 105Kg.
    The Windsurfer Formally Known as JKRR - TWFKJKRR or "Him in the Red Shorts"

Hello, I used the board on Saturday and loved it, it was really good. I was on my I went out on my 6.5 and was powered up then it dropped off so I went on my 7.8. I was still nicely powered up but felt I might benefit from a bigger fin. What do you guys think? And what would be the biggest fin I could sail? Thanks

I use a 39cm with 7m and a 37 with 6.3. I don't use 7.8 on my 107 because if the wind has dropped that much I prefer to go a bigger board ( 122) and stay with the 7 ( its quicker to change board than rig!). If I was to use a 7.8 on my 107 I would want a 42cm fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hempy665 View Post
    Hello, I used the board on Saturday and loved it, it was really good. I was on my I went out on my 6.5 and was powered up then it dropped off so I went on my 7.8. I was still nicely powered up but felt I might benefit from a bigger fin. What do you guys think? And what would be the biggest fin I could sail? Thanks
    You don't need to use any bigger than a 42cm fin on the 111, that's the biggest i used
    Alastair
    IRL-250

www.irl-250.blogspot.com

KA Sails (www.kasails.com)
    Mistral (www.mistral-boards.com)
    Chinook (www.chinooksailing.com)
    Spartan Wetsuits (www.spartanwetsuits.com)
    Vector Maui Fins (www.vectorfins.com)
    Wind and Wave (www.windandwave.ie)

Windsurfingfins (www.windsurfingfins.co.uk)
    Rockerline Surfware (www.rockerline.com)