Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I had a Northshore one (from 2XS I seem to remember) which had a stiff mast pocket (6 inserts) for 3 masts underneath the sail bag. With that you could leave it on the roof and put stuff in and out. The biggest problem is that so can anyone else!
    Got an opinion? Great. Guess what, so's everyone else!

Has anyone any experience with the boardwise own bag? Does it have attachments for securing it to roof rack bars?
    cheers

Nope...

If you have a quiver bag on the roof, you'll have the boards up there as well (as they are longer). Given that you have >2 boards with you, the smart thing to do is first attach the boards off-center. Then you flip the quiver bag 90 degrees, with the bottom facing the boards, and secure it through the non-crush attachment points with a second set of straps, running under the bar, over the boards, and around the end points.

This is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley. View Post
    Has anyone any experience with the boardwise own bag? Does it have attachments for securing it to roof rack bars?
    cheers
    The boardwise quiver bag has a zipper at either end of the bag which exposes a slot above the mast section and below the sail section. What you need are some normal roofrack straps and you thread them through. For the whole thing to work you need to have a couple of masts in the bag. Hope that makes sense. Bag works very well.

thanks for the reply Tony, did make sence. Would the bag not work (for strapping down) with just one 430 mast inside?
    cheers

None of the bags I've owned over the years (three or four NP streamlined, one Pat Love and a couple of Da Kine's) would work with only one mast in the mast section. I'd say that you need at least two in there.

This year, I finally got myself a roof box. It is great since you can leave gear in there where it is locked and you can put other stuff in there too, like wet suits, extensions and other spares.

http://www.thule-car-roof-boxes.co.u...acific-500.htm

It holds four or five (wave) sails, two booms, three masts and some other stuff. Not sure if a 430 mast will fit. And I had three boards next to it.
    Rig - Simmer Black Tips 3.7 - 5.3, HSM FL 5.7
    Boards - SimmerFrugal 88, Freegal 100, Fanatic Skate 100, Quad 75

Moderates www.surfzone.se, wind and wave community in Sweden