Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27

Thread: Moulay 2014

Are there any kiters at Moulay? Hopefully will be road tripping down to Morocco either next summer or the summer afterwards and would like to try out moulay- although sounds like a 3.3 may be a good investment!

Not really any kiters there, lots in Essaouira bay though (sand rather than rocks, and a slightly calmer sea state)

For reference - I'm 93kg and I could have done with a 3.5m at the windiest point of most days! a blog about looping

UPDATED June 2015 Chasing Jono Dunnett - Windsurf round Britian

I saw only 2 kiters, but both days when I was there.
    Sails: HSM Superfreak 4.0, 4.7 & 5.3
    Boards: Flikka boards Allwave 81L 2012, Flikka Freewave 97L 2014

Default my success rate is higher

I have been in Moulay Bouzerktoun 5 times and my "success rate" is very high. I had aprox. 200 days wind for 4.2 m2 and 5 days for bigger sails. These 5 days you could go out with 5.0, but everybody rather stay on the beach and rest.

Now I am in Moulay again (first time without my van) and I stay in El Mouja Surf House owned by very friendly family serving fantastic tajines and couscouses every evening, must recommand to everybody. .... and very cheap to.

I have been travelling a lot for last 25 years and Moulay is the best and the most windy spot I have found.