Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Moulay 2014

Moulay 2014

Easyjet flights for spring/summer 2014 are now online as of today. I'm looking at a possible Morocco trip for April/May. Anyone else got plans to visit Moulay next year?
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 5.3 £50
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

Yep its been too long.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016

I've got a pass for a windsurfing week at that time of year and was thinking of doing BWA Wales and Ireland, but now the principle has been approved, I could always do something else .

Trouble is I'd need to fit in a couple of day's work during the week so would need reliable internet - not especially fast, but reliable. Is that a possibility there, or is all communication done by camel express?

In moulay last time I was there one of the locals in lawama had a dongle which was set up as a wireless hotspot for everyone to use. Slow but reasonably reliable. Or you can buy your own dongle. Probably the better option though if you have to be online is to stay in a hotel in essaouira with wifi then travel to moulay on the windy days.
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 5.3 £50
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

Yep I had a third share in a dongle with Vickey and Phil.

Slow and unreliable, but ok for posting to my blog to annoy everyone and check emails and wind. No good for anything else.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016

Sounds too risky to me. A dongle is probably not enough band width for me unless they have HSDPA or 4G which I doubt! I bet all the hotels in essaouira have wifi until you actually get there, then it would be "it was working fine last week"! Although I guess there will be a lot of cafes with wifi as backup...

I've never experienced any problems with the wifi connections I've used in Essouira, and yes there are plenty of internet cafes if your hotel wifi does fail to deliver. Atoll did the work in Essaouira, sail in Moulay mix whilst we were there for the Jem clinic that wasn't 3 years ago. I don't recall him mentioning any problems with the wifi he was using but not sure in which hotel he was staying.

A repeat forum trip similar to 2007 would be good. For anyone who hasn't been, Moulay is a must visit break for all hallowed tack biased brown water strong wind loving shinglies. I will add some of my favourite Moulay pics below to try to illustrate this.

For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 5.3 £50
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE