Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arf View Post
    The problem in my eyes is that there's a little bunch of people who post about little else other than basher attacks, you included. So every times you (and the others) start posting at basher and vice versa I have pages of that sh!t to trawl through when that's the last thing I come here for. I'm sure many feel the same.
    If the few or 5 of you just put basher on ignore and vice versa that would be great, cheers.
    Why don't you ban him instead Arf or delete his posts? You were quick enough to ban dWar fish who's only crime was to report being attacked and sworn at by him and I note the inflammatory fraud accusations are still here for all to view, shouldn't you delete those? All the time you let him get away with it, you not only empower him, the few (5 is it left?) get fewer, I can't count the number over the years that have gone because of him and his attitude. Have you even warned him?

All that nonsense he spouts about bringing the forum down, when it is exactly him who is doing that. I don't know what he's been saying to you behind the scenes, what he thinks he knows about my relationship with Mpora, which i should add is just fine, the reason I didn't follow through with my threatened legal stuff last time was precisely because I had a meeting the following day planned with them at Eurobike about ad campaigns for next year in some of the other mags they control and I would never be so petty as to introduce childish virtual petulance such is apparent here into real life.

The most successful forum that I've come across mixes both chat and the sport related discussions and banter very well in two distinct forums, this lead forum we chatter in here is headed General Discussion and has always been there for off topic conversation, time was we didn't used to even Pre fix with OT, i wouldn't mind betting we only do that now to placate Basher who seems to believe that his multitude of cut n paste derived posts give him the right to dictate to others how they participate here.

We existed here for years in far greater number than we are now without the need for moderation despite basher whining away to the old Boards team, they just ignored him, back then there were enough other posts going on to drown the noise he makes. Sadly now there are precious few that post here with any regularity. You guys have turfed up recently because you are in the first flush of enthusiasm which I hope lasts but don't make the mistake of thinking that the 'we' he talks of is anything other than himself.

Anyway this is going to be my last post for a while, it's time for another break, it's interesting to note when I'm not here, he quietens down, maybe I bring out the worse in him, maybe not, but the guy is ruining this forum, has ruined it for many, his patronising attitude, the Walter Mitty lies, hypocrisy, the self centred petulance, the attention seeking provocation, and his general boorish irritating manner, this last quote says it all.

'Then again, I don't care about that. Just want this forum to be about windsurfing. So we need to stand up to those causing trouble like this.'

We? If you are now declaring you are part of that royal 'we' because it's a very small group in real life as you'll find, if ever you show up at London Drinks or other get togethers where his attributes are questioned and you will end up moderating an ever decreasing group, as it is, it is now one less for a while, I doubt I'll be the last.
    Four fish are better than two.

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    No that is wrong. It's Basher's job to behave. Not ours to put up with his sniping and snideness. Delete his posts if anyone's.
    I agree totally, is Basher actually going to be warned for the offensive post he made, there was no need for it
    Alastair
    IRL-250

www.irl-250.blogspot.com

KA Sails (www.kasails.com)
    Mistral (www.mistral-boards.com)
    Chinook (www.chinooksailing.com)
    Spartan Wetsuits (www.spartanwetsuits.com)
    Vector Maui Fins (www.vectorfins.com)
    Wind and Wave (www.windandwave.ie)

Windsurfingfins (www.windsurfingfins.co.uk)
    Rockerline Surfware (www.rockerline.com)

I must say, the fake names are a joke.

I joined the forum a few months ago and two different members thought I was a fake ID. It really doesn't make you feel very welcome to the community.

I personally for example have NO idea if two fish is the same person as four fish...
    Doesnt led to very good credibilityu

Quote Originally Posted by Arf View Post
    The problem in my eyes is that there's a little bunch of people who post about little else other than basher attacks, you included. So every times you (and the others) start posting at basher and vice versa I have pages of that sh!t to trawl through when that's the last thing I come here for. I'm sure many feel the same.
    If the few or 5 of you just put basher on ignore and vice versa that would be great, cheers.
    Ok Arf lets do this formally then i am making a complaint against the user name "Basher "
    the evidence is above, this is a Obscene Offensive and abusive post against another user with little or no provocation in the post is was in reply to

so i am asking for this user name to be temporarily suspended from posting until this matter is investigated by the Mpora forum controllers fully

I get the impression that Arf would rather not delet anything and given his presumably moderating out of his own good will and a desire to not see spam I'd feel the same. One dickish initiating post can be ignored, its what most people do when they encounter someone annoying in real life. Its when that draws numerous other responses that escalate into the majority of the thread its a problem.

There is a pattern basher says something that's off tone wise that attracts a predictable group of responders who basher then steps over the line in responding to, or Grumpf/Basher offer a reasonable opinion the other says that's ********, the OP responds in kind and a predictable number of posters then pile in. Just add each other to your ignore lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfish View Post
    I must say, the fake names are a joke.

I joined the forum a few months ago and two different members thought I was a fake ID. It really doesn't make you feel very welcome to the community.

I personally for example have NO idea if two fish is the same person as four fish...
    Doesnt led to very good credibilityu
    Just to put you straight, TwoFish and FourFish are different people completely.

TwoFish is an accountant but there is something seriously wrong with him as he actually has a great sense of humour. Tohether with /Vico and Jibe Monkey are probably the nicest people on these forums.

FourFish is about 3 feet shorter than TwoFish and sells ladies handbags for a living. An ex windsurfing champion from back in the day now to be found frequenting the beaches of Hythe.

As for bashers language that was appalling and he should be subject to a temporary ban for it. Not for the swearing, we've all don't that, but for the way it was directed and with malice.

A couple of years back when this new iteration of the forum was released upon us there was tons of spam. The forum owners were not dealing with it well so it was me that suggested using a few of the forumites to moderate the spam. As this software has a "Soft Delete" feature those moderators can delete spam posts but they only vanish from regular users and are still there for moderators and admins. My thinking at the time was that these moderators could delete the spam that was destroying the forum at the time. It seems that the admins liked this idea as Arf and Naomi took up the offer. While I did feel it a bit poor (well very poor) that users be performing this task instead of the staff actually putting the effort in to keep it clean it seemed the only way the forum would survive. When I suggested this I thought the only task would be to remove spam but it seems that has gone wrong and now the forum is becoming truly moderated. I'm not sure how long this forum has left to live as it is certainly dying the way things are currently going.

Last edited by Distinctly Average; 13th October 2013 at 08:49 AM.

unfortunately it has gone past that James

as he has posted Obscene material on a controlled forum available to minors in fact he has no way of knowing for sure the user id the post was aimed at is not a minor ?

as i believe the poster to be a repeat offender for this type of post shall we let the relevant forum control measure in place run there course
    Last edited by max111; 13th October 2013 at 08:36 AM.