Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Redsurfbus mk2

Excellent thread. Some pics of it loaded are going to be the final shots surely.............
    Got an opinion? Great. Guess what, so's everyone else!

Lostboy, unfortunatly loaded with all his pink kit he will look positivley ghey!
    2014 Sessions: Speed/Slalom 18, B&J/Wave 10, SUP/WindSUP 12
    2013 Sessions: Speed/Slalom 20, B&J/Wave 21, SUP/WindSUP 04

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Adam View Post
    Lostboy, unfortunatly loaded with all his red kit he will look positivley ghey!
    ftfy
    Here to paste about windsurfing, and anything else that piques my interest.

Duncan is that why you are always chasing my big pink one?

Just loaded it to go camping tomorrow, chucked in a few boards, the sup, 4 sails, 2 booms, 3 masts, 4 wetsuits, 3 sleeping bags, lots of other bits and it still looks empty. Think the design is working

Quote Originally Posted by Redsurfbus View Post
    Just loaded it to go camping tomorrow, chucked in a few boards, the sup, 4 sails, 2 booms, 3 masts, 4 wetsuits, 3 sleeping bags, lots of other bits and it still looks empty. Think the design is working
    Your design is similar to the one I used in my Hiace, although it's a smaller van than the LT. I used a flatter water carrier and a manual pump. Meths stove.

Interested in what you end up using for racking; I've never got around to it. I was thinking of 19mm wardrobe rails with plastic plumbing pipe as rollers.

Quote Originally Posted by grable View Post
    Your design is similar to the one I used in my Hiace, although it's a smaller van than the LT. I used a flatter water carrier and a manual pump. Meths stove.

Interested in what you end up using for racking; I've never got around to it. I was thinking of 19mm wardrobe rails with plastic plumbing pipe as rollers.
    After a trip to Trago Mills I know where I am going to buy all the interior stuff for my next camper.....carpet is 1/4 of the price, spray glue 1/3, wood half price........
    I bought some hollow circular 12mm aluminium for the racking and have some 3/4in box section left from the bed. I will use the thicker stuff for the horizontal racking and the circular stuff for the angular parts that wont take much load. All of it will of course be covered with pipe insulation. Just cant decide whether to ditch the board bags. I think I will make it with them in mind for trips away when the GF takes a spare kitchen sink to protect the boards more but most likely will use it year round without bags.

Chuffed to bits with it after the first 5 days away, everything worked a treat. Big snagging list for perfection though, the front bench seat next to the kitchen rubs on the kitchen door, I opted for cloth doors rather than wooden for the most used areas as its far more functional......and it doesnt matter if stuff doesnt quite fit the space this way. As long as they are black then any bulges cannot be seen thorugh the tinted windows.

The kitchen works really well with the wider worktop, elecs are perfect with plenty of points for charging phones, usb battery chargers etc (although I didnt need to use them as I am on android and have spare batteries......and only needed to use one of them, iphones really are crap in comparison).

The bed is brilliant with loads of space for 2 to sleep at almost every angle, so camping on a slight slope is no problem at all. The seat that is made from the bed works perfectly, although with 3 people and the other 2's excessive packing habits I rarely got to use this. Next time they have promised to only take a couple of tshirts and shorts like I do.

Well.....its finished. here are the pictures. Racking still needs some work but thats a quick job as I now know how its going to work best. Pictures of it loaded with kit, currently holding 3 boards and booms, 4 sails and masts, with room for loads more sails but no rack to hold them as yet.

http://www.redsurfbus.com/2013/08/wi...-van-self.html