Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

The MAC is flooded! More rain forecast for this weekend. This of course happened just because I moved ALL of my kit into one of the containers on Sunday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flooded MAC.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	8522
    My Boards: 1992 Windsurfer One Design, 2012 Fanatic Freewave 85l, 2013 Fanatic Gecko 105l

Has the water level reached the containers themselves?
    Blank space

Quote Originally Posted by atoll View Post
    Sure - later in January and February are often better conditions, cheaper flights and less crowded roads, but it isn't always easy to take a month off work for the cost of two weeks holiday.
    It depends. According to Scarborough locals, December last year delivered excellent wind and swell. Sure it was very windy in January -- it is windiest month -- but the swell is not the best. March delivered more windguru 4 metre swells than January-February combined. I lived in Cape Town from New Year till June this year.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    Has the water level reached the containers themselves?
    Did you undo the vent on your JP 98 before you left..? Oh my.

No I left it shut.
    The board is probably doing freestyle moves in the container as we speak.

Apparently the clubhouse was flooded in parts too.
    Blank space

Looks like the water level has gone down a bit – but the lawns are still flooded:

www.cape-town.at/webcam.htm
    Blank space

The water did get into the containers. Some more than others. My boards are in one of the containers close to the water's edge but they're on the top rack so didn't get wet. The ones on the bottom rack in our container had floated but only that rack. I checked some of the other containers and the water seems to have come up to about thigh height max (maybe just touching the second rack). Waggy's boards were all over the place and his container was a proper mess but I think he stands the boards up vertically.

The biggest problem is with a board floating up in the racks is getting stuck under the rack above it and then being held under and eventually taking on water. It was only high enough to do that for a day and a half or so. I don't think boards would have got damaged.

I was there on Saturday and opened up our container, stood all the sails up to dry and aired it for a while. Other guys were doing the same. If you let me know which is your container, Basher I'm happy to go and check on your board.
    My Boards: 1992 Windsurfer One Design, 2012 Fanatic Freewave 85l, 2013 Fanatic Gecko 105l