Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Billyboy View Post
    Are you sure you mean Sunday and not Saturday? By all accounts swell had dropped on sunday at most places on the south coast so if it was overhead and side-off on sunday it's definitely worth thinking about next time!
    I was there on Sunday, I suspect the big waves only work right on high tide, they were bigger than those photo's. No way was I about to launch, as the shore break was at its worst. The three that were out had perfect launches and were away from the beach in seconds.

It felt more side on from memory.
    Last edited by Duncan Adam; 26th June 2013 at 04:44 PM.
    2014 Sessions: Speed/Slalom 18, B&J/Wave 10, SUP/WindSUP 12
    2013 Sessions: Speed/Slalom 20, B&J/Wave 21, SUP/WindSUP 04

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Adam View Post
    I was there on Sunday, I suspect the big waves only work right on high tide, they were bigger than those photo's. No way was I about to launch, as the shore break was at its worst. The three that were out had perfect launches and were away from the beach in seconds.

It felt more side on from memory.
    It was indeed three top locals on 4.7's. I spoke to one of them after and he said it was in his top ten of best sessions ever! And it was sunday. Logo high at times.

A great sunday for me. Took the family down to Poole, spent a couple of hours there teaching my brother in law to sail. He did surprisingly well given how choppy the harbour was. Solid 5.3 weather.

After a quick bite to eat we hopped on the ferry and headed over to k-bay. I had a very quick splash and dash 60 minutes on yellows. Great fun, should've taken the 5.3 though instead of the 4.7. Really fun size waves, lovely and smooth in between the waves. Nothing epic but great conditions to push yourself in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kbay.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	8312  

Nice pic, so nearly came out there to join you guys, next time (it's fun-sized )....

Did you find your FIL's missing item? Hope so.....

Wicked photo, sicr!
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

DESTRUCTION LOG:
    - Discontinued :-)

“As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!”

Quote Originally Posted by Arf View Post
    Wicked photo, sicr!
    reckon you should enter it in the Looping photo competition alongside Rod's GoPro offering... looks a little windier in his version somehow

Great pic Sicr. And nice to see you down there, but damn you should have rigged a 5.3. Anyway it didn't stop you!

Btw is that a frame grab or from a still sequence. Looks very sharp for a frame grab. (Export tips... Please).

(My looping pic is from the bluff in Nov).
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED 31 Dec 2012
    Bumper Christmas