Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Naomi, You should have texted me i rarely read this thread anymore. (No relevance to where I sail) K bay was brilliant and easy sailing too. Waves only about chest to head in the bay. Most on 4.2 to 4.7. Sparkly blue water and blue skies.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED 31 Dec 2012
    Bumper Christmas

Far too early to be saying this, but the majority of GFS and ECMWF operational runs in the last few days have been predicting with some consistency that another depression will nudge over the top of the strong azores high that is currently in situ and head towards our general direction for next weekend.

With very good tide times and my mojo finally back to where it should be after that horrific winter, I'll now shut up to try not to scare it away.

GFS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2wqn.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	8220

ECMWF

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7blp.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	8221
    Last edited by Hazzabee; 16th June 2013 at 10:39 AM.
    For sale:
    Witchcraft Wave 89L v1 (2008) 280
    Double board bag 30

Timings in weather detail aren't going to be accurate that far off, but the general picture of a mobile weather pattern with lows sneaking over the top to the azores high has been consistently forecast on all models for a while now. That is the absolute perfect setup for a windy SE in the summer and one I've been hoping for all winter! The low pressures don't even need to be that deep for the "sea breeze" beaches to be good. Lets hope we get a few weeks of reasonably consistent conditions like we normally do about this time of year. Just for me though, could some of the wind come during the week? It's so much more convenient! Oh yes, and can I get rid of this F*CKING chest infection please so I can enjoy it!

I thought the Jet Stream was clicking back into place at last but, just as wind forecasts keep changing, so does the Jet Stream forecast detail.

That said, the recent forecasts have been consistent about a low for next weekend. We'll have a better idea on that by the time Met Office staff are on it tomorrow.

In the short term, this week's weather pattern is fragmented and so forecasts are very much subject to change. I think various places will see some wind this week but it may be a case of 'catch it if you can' .

I'm not confident of a windy summer this year so I had better warn people I'm buying a bigger board soon - so that will no doubt skunk things completely or else bring endless gales.
    Local wind only this week? Catch it if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    I had better warn people I'm buying a bigger board soon

Black Box?
    2014 Sessions: Speed/Slalom 13, B&J/Wave 05, SUP/WindSUP 09
    2013 Sessions: Speed/Slalom 20, B&J/Wave 21, SUP/WindSUP 04

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    I had better warn people I'm buying a bigger board soon - so that will no doubt skunk things completely or else bring endless gales.
    Funnily enough, I bought a bigger board for summer a few weeks ago - which has heralded the last couple of windy weekends. I'm quite happy to keep it in the van if it means I get out on my smaller boards each weekend.

Perhaps at least one person on the forum has to buy a big board each month - who's next after Basher?
    Tacking is the new gybing.....