Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If you're on Hayling I think it would be worth asking the Inn on Beach if it's ok to leave the van in their car park especially if you're eating or drinking in there.

Thanks Na-omi. My van is intentionally a stealth-camper (plain white panel van). The flipside of that I suppose is that when the curtains twitch, it may provoke a reaction along the lines of "Hurrah! The gypsies are here. That will bring much needed colour and vibrancy to our otherwise dull, monocultural community."
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFish View Post
    Thanks Na-omi. My van is intentionally a stealth-camper (plain white panel van). The flipside of that I suppose is that when the curtains twitch, it may provoke a reaction along the lines of "Hurrah! The gypsies are here. That will bring much needed colour and vibrancy to our otherwise dull, monocultural community."
    You have curtains in your van? I suppose it goes with the Crown Derby.
    It is what it is.

I've always found pub car parks to be the best bet. Pop in for dinner and a pint and they never mind if you ask to 'leave the van overnight' as you are over the limit... For hayling, try the Yew Tree Inn. Normally half a dozen people there on a Sunday morning!

My driveway meets your criteria. 20 minutes to KBay, 15 minutes to Sandbanks/BDC/Poole Harbour.
    Dorset in body. Global in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by zilched View Post
    For hayling, try the Yew Tree Inn. Normally half a dozen people there on a Sunday morning!
    Aha. I discovered that place on Sunday. Jolly pleasant, even if the name does conjure up images of a venue for disreputable 1970s / 80s TV presenters and DJs.
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.