Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Anyone know where one can find a current version of the UKMO surface sea temperature charts? In fact, more generally, I've always accessed the UKMO 'fax' charts on third party sites and chart links here always seem to be to similar. Anyone know where the source is? Yes, yes, UKMO obviously, but where can they be viewed / how are they distributed.
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

No joy on the latest gfs for those of us in the SE. Not if you want to go windsurfing anyway. Plenty of light offshores and SW groundswell though so I'm not complaining. Well, other than about the continuing cold and rain that is. Best buy some gloves...

I looked at the Windguru 6pm update and decided to retire from windsurfing.
    Clearly, it'll never be windy again.

Mind you, we could wait and see what the Met Office think, when they update later this evening.

Had a lovely afterwork session today, digging at my allotment. Not a breath of wind here.
    Blank space

The Met Office charts have just updated and now include a Saturday chart.

These charts still show south coast wind for Thursday and there's plenty of wind in the west on Saturday.

www.metbrief.com/EGRR.html

It's still Monday as I type this though. Plenty of time for further change – for better or for worse.
    Blank space

Huh. Windguru has just updated again – and it feels like a member of their staff is just chucking a few stars at random days, to see which might stick for a while.
    It'll be different again by morning.
    Blank space

still a few stars on windguru this morning with Friday afternoon looking best. Met-o still seem to think thursday morning is best. There should be some swell around from tomorrow on the south coast so I wonder if witts will dish up some port tack dtl late on Wednesday as the front moves in?? If it goes ESE and there is swell you won't need much wind for a good session. Even more promising is that I can't make it . I might try and get a SUP in in the morning instead. Then I'm free from mid morning Thursday so I'll be watching the ever changing forecasts like a hawk!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFish View Post
    Anyone know where one can find a current version of the UKMO surface sea temperature charts? In fact, more generally, I've always accessed the UKMO 'fax' charts on third party sites and chart links here always seem to be to similar. Anyone know where the source is? Yes, yes, UKMO obviously, but where can they be viewed / how are they distributed.
    No idea, but the little 'weather facts' shed on Eastbourne prom is currently giving 5c, which is measured off the end of the pier. Brrrrrr.

Still got May Day weekend as the start of the South Coast season. Anyone want to run a sweep?
    Can't jump, won't jump.