Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by Sailrepair View Post
    Thanks mikerb. I can sail all day on a wave board or even on a slalom board with a 40cm fin without any issues. I am quite fit I sail on average twice a week and I SUP about 3 or 4 times a week and I cycle 5 times a week. All without issue then I go on the ultrasonic and then afterwards my legs cramp up. I have had MRI scans a couple of years back when the doctors were quite concerned about a loss off feeling and strength in my left leg. I have tried both seat and waist harnesses and the same thing happens. I don't feel like I'm fighting the fin when sailing just driving the board nicely and have no issues on the water.
    Before you sell the board, have you checked other things specific to that board which might be causing the problem. EG are the footstraps closer together on that board than your others, so maybe you are trimming the board with more effort than your other boards. Or maybe the footstraps should be a bit wider on that board to give you an easier time.

I also suffer with a sore back but get that kicking in then lasting a while before it goes away. Last time it started was 28th June, I think it was from pumping too hard in light winds, the day after my back was stiff and sore. Its taken a while to clear up, after sailing for 2 days last weekend I noticed no problem after. In between it didn't matter what I sailed.

The board has gone, replaced by the new 2015 isonic 130. Could be a mistake (I make plenty of those), need a few more breezy days until I know.

No fears...........you will love it! I use mine with a 47cm fin and mast track at the rear arc. It may take a little time to learn how to get the best low end performance from it...but it is there. It is amazing how well it copes if the wind picks up and the water gets choppy, so overall the wind range is fantastic.

I was so desperate to try it I set off yesterday evening in a very grey and light offshore wind. floated out about a mile and a half and managed to pump onto the plane for about 300 yards and managed to get planing about 200 yards on the way back but I was just pleased to try it. And those were the conditions that worried me the most ie would it be comfortable in very little wind as I am sure it will be great as the wind picks up.

I'll report with a full comparison with the Ultrasonic once I have used it a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailrepair View Post
    I was so desperate to try it I set off yesterday evening in a very grey and light offshore wind. floated out about a mile and a half and managed to pump onto the plane for about 300 yards and managed to get planing about 200 yards on the way back but I was just pleased to try it. And those were the conditions that worried me the most ie would it be comfortable in very little wind as I am sure it will be great as the wind picks up.

I'll report with a full comparison with the Ultrasonic once I have used it a bit more.
    Sounds good. Looking forward to the comparison.
    Cheers

The 2015 Ultra sonic is out now. At 95cm wide and same tail width 66cm.

Also I see that starboard brought the large volume/width Futura back.
    This is good news. However I am no too excited about the tail width as it seems narrow for light wind early planing.

The 2015 futura 144 is 85cm wide /tail of 52cm
    My 2009 futura 155 is 85cm wide /tail of 59.5cm
    my 2010 futura 155 is 85cm wide /tail of 57.2cm

Then there's the new futura 154 90cm.

i said before: I feel my 2009 planes earlier with a 8.6 cam sail than the 2010 with the 9.5 cammed sail.

So why make wider boards with narrower tail when in these light wind boards one wants early planing?
    Ok you get more control in higher winds but by then you'd be on a smaller different type of board, very likely.