Thread: Cheese Roll

Default Cheese Roll

I watched someone do a cheese roll yesterday, right in front of me, and it looked so nice. I spoke to him afterwards, and he said they were much easier than forwards. Is this true??

Has anyone on here tried them? Or can anyone on here already do them?
    I'm going to have a go tomorrow if there's some wind.

Been trying to try one for a while, but always forget and try forwards when the moment occurs. Was inspired by one of the camber boys - Christian - he bangs out massive ones, but he only sails when it's F8+, so I'm not sure if monster wind is a prerequisite. They look scary though, at least at the height he does them at.
    I was chatting to his brother about them too, he reckons they interfere with your forwards and you tend to end up doing one or other exclusively cos that's what you've programmed yourself to do. Which explains why I've not been able to get my body to attempt one yet.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

DESTRUCTION LOG:
    - Discontinued :-)

“As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!”

That video makes it look harder than a forward to me, and there seems to be quite a bit more scope for injury. If there's enough wind over the weekend I'll put a camera on and see if I dare try one.

In Flo Jungs new movie - Don't Let Go - Bouj does a cheeseroll backloop, looks amazing.. Boy can that boy jump. And ride.. And surf...

* fantastic movie overall, incredible sailing, awesome soundtrack, and graham ezzy's infectious smile
    Last edited by Arf; 6th May 2013 at 10:28 PM.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

DESTRUCTION LOG:
    - Discontinued :-)

“As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!”