Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I use 2 ways to get videos.

Bandicam is very good. Draw a window around the video and it will record. I was subscribed to a training site for vray and while watching the recorded video. I noticed it had a watermark with my email and ip address embedded in it.

Keepvid is great for downloading youtube vids. Just paste the addy in the bar and it downloads the vid as an mp4.

It's not difficult to be legit, you just sign up to iTunes and rent or buy then use the movie on all or any of your devices, plus Apple TV stream stuff straight off your iPad or phone straight to the screen.

I'm also on the verge of ditching sky, getting freesat and signing up for netflix or love film, can't see any reason not to, I got myself tucked up by them on a very dodgy broadband deal and I hate them now.

As for pirating and general avoidance of paying anything which contains a tax element to these blundering theiving politicians, or global corporations that manipulate them, I no longer have any conscience, so torrents via frost wire are us.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Adam View Post
    He's not a pirate........but he is an accountant!
    sounds like a line from a Monty Python flick!

Quote Originally Posted by Graemef View Post
    It's not difficult to be legit, you just sign up to iTunes and rent or buy then use the movie on all or any of your devices, plus Apple TV stream stuff straight off your iPad or phone straight to the screen.
    That only works if the device has itunes though. And funnily enough, apple don't want to share the love. One of the reasons I'm fighting as hard as I can to avoid signing my entire life over to apple.
    Trying not to work too hard.

Then sign up to Android or Amazon, doesn't Amazon have some kindle moron watch thing which I guess must use whichever movie thing it is they're pushing, if you must go chav. What is it you've got then, has it not got some ichavplayer.com thing to back it up, if it hasn't then I guess you're screwed.

No way I would play the Apple game of proprietry lock in! A couple of free software packages that may help with whatever you want to do with video are Freemake video Converter and VLC Media Player. I use the former to convert my Gopro videos to Blu ray but it has loads of functionality beyond that essentially all concerned with converting virtually from any video format to any other. ( PS you guys confused me talking about digital and DVD formats.....both are digital! DVD is merely a set of standards below the level of HD for video encoding and capture on disc). Blu ray presents different problems because it is in effect a film format rather than video and uses transcodes not usually compatible with PCs unless they are equipped with the codecs and graphics cards. Most Blu ray is in DivX or MKV. I use VLC to play video regardless of coded used and original resolution and frame rate. The higher resolutions and protune variants now available with Go Pro3 for example will not play on Windows Media Player etc. VLC also has encoding capability etc. ( ps the best format to send any video to You tube is WMV.......You tube does not always do a good job with mp4 format which requires greater levels of recompression by You Tube...........Freemake includes a facility to send videos to You Tube.

Hi Gutted,
    I'll second Mikerb's VLC player recommendation - it's a fantastic player that will play just about anything. Also has some useful features such as variable playback speed and video snapshot, which I use a lot with my Gopro footage.
    Oh, and it's free
    Pray for the wind