Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 118 119 120 121 122

Moritz Mauch is a big NuEvo fan. I think he usually sails the NuEvo 80.

And that is what he's probably on here, filmed in Maui recently.

Nice little clip. Tight turns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70a4Y-WTKlU
    Marginal wind in Southeast Saturday afternoon? Better wind across north Wales and for Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post

The point I made about NuEvos being shorter than other boards was in relation to a lot of other brands.
    I haven't checked them all, but the from 2014 sites for Tabou, Fanatic, JP, and Quatro their boards all seem a bit longer, at 230cms +.

As said, you have to go to Ola H's frugal Fish to find something a lot shorter although some of the smaller Witchcrafts are pretty short too, breaking the 220cms barrier.
    Just a point of correction The Fanatic Quad 70-90lt +/- are all under 230cm(225-228) & have been since 2011, & the new Tri 70-90lt +/- are also all under 230cm. Tabou 2014 Quadster 70-90lt +/- are also 230cm or less as well as smaller Pocket waves so not sure where you are getting this..... Not to diminish the uniqueness of the NuEvo, it's just not particularly short by modern standards...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgesailor View Post
    Just a point of correction The Fanatic Quad 70-90lt +/- are all under 230cm(225-228) & have been since 2011, & the new Tri 70-90lt +/- are also all under 230cm. Tabou 2014 Quadster 70-90lt +/- are also 230cm or less as well as smaller Pocket waves so not sure where you are getting this..... Not to diminish the uniqueness of the NuEvo, it's just not particularly short by modern standards...
    Oh god. You've brought it on yourself now.
    Wish I was better, but don't we all?!

I suggest people do their own research on this – perhaps with your favourite brand – as there are endless boards to compare.

I looked at a lot of 86 litre boards – as that's where the conversation started – and most are significantly longer than the NuEvo 86.

For sure, we are talking a matter of centimetres here.
    Check the width and tail width measurements too while you are at it.

It's all quite interesting, but doesn't tell you much about how the board sails.
    Marginal wind in Southeast Saturday afternoon? Better wind across north Wales and for Scotland.