Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Great feedback BB, the sort of post that makes this forum worth all the tittle-tattle.

It does sound like a great board, and I'll add it to the list of candidates* if / when my existing waveboard dies.

* sounds a bit like The Apprentice ... Lord Silicon (aka the 'Queen Mother') is looking for a new wave-riding partner to invest in. Which of the fifteen candidates will survive the testing "process" and impress him with their prowess. Follow the story as the bullsh1t, pomposity, and arrogance is weeded out till the deserving gem of a candidate is deemed worthy of his investment.
    two boards, five fins, pero no mucho viento esta semana nada !
    -----------------------------
    ps check out our wooftastic book: Nobody's Poodle
    and our musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef
    (with pics of the house that we are working on ... moving in soon )

Hi Billy boy

how did you find the foot strap positions on the board

i borrowed a witchcraft last month with a view to buying it but at 5 ft 8-9 ish i found the back strap so far back as to make it uncomftable and un-natural to sail for me ? what height are you and did you find this an issue

i suppose if you have come of an older withchy you are used to the footstrap positions ?

i measured the footstrap spacing on my exocet and they where 4 inches nearer than the withchy ?

SB can you not cadge a ride off the test team out there and do your own board tests ?

Witchy footstraps are wide apart compared to some boards i think. This makes them less comfortable/natural for blasting, but much better for jumping and turning imo. I am used to it and wouldn't have it any other way on a wave board.

i am your height and have my straps in the middle on the shaman. I didn't feel like i wanted to move them at all.

As BB says, the Witchcraft spread is wider than most but as I found most boards too close together (even with front straps right forward and rear straps right back) I love them. But I am a bit taller than you guys.
    Got an opinion? Great. Guess what, so's everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by lostboy View Post
    As BB says, the Witchcraft spread is wider than most but as I found most boards too close together (even with front straps right forward and rear straps right back) I love them. But I am a bit taller than you guys.
    Interesting point. Since bigger kit is not designed for bigger people but simply for less wind etc. then footstrap position and boom cutout really ought to have a bigger range?
    Here to paste about windsurfing, and anything else that piques my interest.

I don't know why people don't try being closer to average weight and height. It makes things so much simpler. Although you never get 32" waist jeans in the sales, so there is always a trade off...

I think the bigger witchcraft boards have fractionaly wider stance set up in recognition that bigger people are normally on the bigger boards. There are not many 6'+ riders on sub 80ltr boards these days and like wise there shouldn't be many good 5'5" sailors on 95 ltr boards.