Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast

I might add that a few weeks ago, when I nearly made one at the lake, basher said rather disapprovingly that he thought I'd need another year...

Quote Originally Posted by Harald View Post
    I might add that a few weeks ago, when I nearly made one at the lake, basher said rather disapprovingly that he thought I'd need another year...
    OMG, basher you missed it this time!

Excellent Cape Town/SA video – and not just about windsurfing.

http://vimeo.com/61352817
    Last edited by basher; 13th March 2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Local wind only this week? Catch it if you can.

Nice elephants in proper port tack serf. Strobe filming a bit to heady but can see how the tourists would love it.

Made me homesick for Cape Town. Wish I'd made a video like that while I was there.
    Quality footage and editing.
    Local wind only this week? Catch it if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    Made me homesick for Cape Town. Wish I'd made a video like that while I was there.
    Quality footage and editing.
    I urged you to take some hot photos basher, you can't complain now.

Conditions seem to have changed dramatically in the last week or so, now it looks more cloudy, no wind, probably a little cooler, it was fogy this morning too.

Got in the car yesterday afternoon and arrived at Sunset at 18 h. It was starting to average nearly 20 knots at the lake meter and regularly gusting 25. So hopes were high! Waves were the "by default" 2,5 meter 11 sec here in Cape Town. But quite good for the day. On days like these (forecast 20 knots), my pessimist sail is a 5.4 and the optimist one a 5.0. I was feeling optimistic after witnessing a 27.9 knot gust on my smart phone. But it was very iffy wind in the break so getting out was not easy. Too light to waterstart. So got a few sets on the head before wind strong enough to get away coincided with co-operating waves. Wind was good on the outside, but not enough on the inside. Touché.

Yesterday would have been great for freestyling though! But Milnerton Aquatic Club is letting me down. As I've written here they've increased the price for a day pass; 133 % since January. Paying 70 rand to windsurf an hour or two in the afternoon is expensive, but could be worth it (for sure I'd do it back home if the conditions were good..). But now the area is essentially off-limits for non-members in the afternoons. They're locking the gates at 17h30m. To become a member is some fees plus 485 rands pr. month (if they haven't adjusted it). And that doesn't work out.

The lake was better in high season...when nobody locked the gate so non-members could windsurf until dark
    Last edited by Harald; 20th March 2013 at 05:31 PM.