Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default UK Windsurfing weather from April 30th

New week new thread.
    It's May tomorrow but there no sign of summer yet. It's warm enough today but the weather pattern continues to be unsettled this week with further rain at times. You kinda wonder if they lifted the hose pipe bans, would the endless heavy rain then stop?

Anyway, gotta be quick this morning. There's plenty leftover wind on offer today but catch it early.
    It's particularly strong over the Southwest and for west Wales today but it does ease off there during the day.

It's also blowing from the E or SE so this is not the usual direction for many of the more popular windsurfing beaches.
    www.xcweather.co.uk

The wind picks up again this evening with the possibility of gales overnight – I've not ruled out an evening sail here but the wind may arrive too late plus we get more heavy rain before dark.

There's then a bit of leftover wind on Tuesday but only for the North, with a windless and showery pattern along the south coast. You might think about dawn patrol at places like North Norfolk.

The rest of the week sees further showers but not much wind. We're stuck between two areas of high pressure, one to the northwest and the other over the near continent. To the southwest and northeast we have lower pressure, but this pressure structure is not a good one for producing wind over the UK.
    Hopefully it breaks down by the end of the week.

www.metbrief.com/EGRR.html
    www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel1.html
    The wind still looks rubbish – but try beaches in the west this weekend.

Looks like I've missed this windy spell now . Damn you VW and your supposedly reliable cars

Apparently April 2012 was the wettest for 100 years.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17897982

Only the snails are happy.

It wasn't really that wet though, I've only taken the umbrella to go fetch the kids from school thrice this year.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

DESTRUCTION LOG:
    - Discontinued :-)

“As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!”

Quote Originally Posted by Arf View Post
    It wasn't really that wet though, I've only taken the umbrella to go fetch the kids from school thrice this year.
    Well actually it was. The wettest for 100 years in fact.
    Perhaps you move too fast for the drops to catch you.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    Perhaps you move too fast for the drops to catch you.
    Like Tom Bombadil. One cool guy

I was probably too drunk to notice it was raining
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

DESTRUCTION LOG:
    - Discontinued :-)

“As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!”