Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Observations

Default Observations

A: Tried to drive to Boots this morning at 8am to get a pumice stone to get my callouses in order. Half-mile long queues at every access point to an A-road! I can see why you working types are often highly strung now. Sod doing that every morning!

B: I always work with plastic, never coins, except when I pay for parking at Camber. I have just noticed that in amongst the change I got from my last payment there, I was given one Cananadian Dollar. Takes the piss a little since it's now £7 for 4 hours. I would steal some toilet paper out the loos in retribution, but it's less than a micron thick.

C: For week long intensive sailing in warm waters, has anyone tried golf gloves to prevent blisters? I am thinking these might work like a feckin' beaut. Especially if you chop the fingertips off. Not your fingers, the gloves fingers.

That is all.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

DESTRUCTION LOG:
    - Discontinued :-)

“As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!”

Quote Originally Posted by Arf View Post
    ... I pay for parking at Camber..... Takes the piss a little since it's now £7 for 4 hours. I would steal some toilet paper out the loos in retribution, but it's less than a micron thick.
    Camber is £7 quid for 4 hours? Jees.

£2 for 4hrs at 'west Hove' and free after 5pm.

I think most Hove prom is £1 an hour – although it may have gone up since I last sailed there.

Shoreham is free unless they open the car park hut – at busy times and in the holiday season – in which case it's £1 for the day.
    Parking at Worthing (Sealanes cafe) is free.
    Marginal wind in Southeast Saturday afternoon? Better wind across north Wales and for Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    Shoreham is free unless they open the car park hut – at busy times and in the holiday season – in which case it's £1 for the day..
    £1.50 now

Well that's the dunes carp ark, Jury's is free. Extortionate!
    During the week when it's quiet we have found a way to avoid paying, but it also involves parking, so means an even longer walk.

Looking for forward to getting down to Ho'ove this year, and sampling a carat's fry up.

DESTRUCTION LOG:

“As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!”

Golfing gloves? don`t play but I seem to think most golfers only wear one glove?
    I`m an artist Bill, I can`t surf that stuff

lol but you get left handed golfers too, silly.. so you can buy them in both flavours.
    They will be white though, so I'll look like a windsurfing mime. Wish they came in pink.

Off to Sports Direct to check the theory (now that the ratrace traffic has subsided). On their website it looks like you can get a glove for as little as £2.
    Last edited by Arf; 24th April 2012 at 08:37 AM.

DESTRUCTION LOG:

Gloves are for wimps.
    Soak your hands in vinegar and then bake them in the oven.
    Marginal wind in Southeast Saturday afternoon? Better wind across north Wales and for Scotland.