Default Is this hire centre in torbole any good

We are off to torbole lake Garda in august

This hire centre is very near our hotel and I wondered if anyone has tried it and any comments etc etc

http://www.vascorenna.com/EN/spot_to...ot-torbole.asp

Many thanks

Andrew

Do you still have to wear a float coat in Garda?

I went there for a weekend, had all recent fanatic and gaastra sails, plenty to choose etc. Not the cheapest, but as it was only for a weekend, to much hassle to bring my own. Ok place to launch, but not the best either, you have to sail out a bit to get into the wind the place around the corner is a much better launch.

Vascorenna is right on the beach and looks like a professionally run set up. The main problem is that the afternoon wind is pretty much onshore onto the launch area so there is usually a mish mash of sailors struggling to get/stay upwind and off the beach.
    The stronger morning wind doesn't feature in this area....loads of stuff on the forum re this on previous posts.

And yes...you still are supposed to wear a float coat [unless the rules have changed since last year].

Many thanks , much appreciated.

My dilemma is the hotel we stay at offers 10% discountbon this place..... I may have to put up with mashing up wind

Cheers Andrew

On a different note .... Which then is the best centre in torbole for wind, launching etc etc

Conca D'oro usually gets the recommendation as more upwind than the other centres. Wierd launch off pontoons but otherwise fine - though I haven't been there for a few years.

Use the center al Conca d'Oro, run by Shaka, as in the Wind is a bit uffa you'll waste time beating unto the Wind and might not even getto the stringer Wind line.. sent by my italian iPad henné mistakes I haven't got time to correct.