Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Spring/Summer Boards issue

Just got mine through the door this morning Not being into waves or freestyle, Im pleased to see it has plenty of slalom and speed stuff. Going to take a while to read this

Nice one

Yea Mark, I agree, 178 pages of loads of interesting stuff, looking forward to reading 50 is the new 40.

Top draw !!

Yeah it's a really good show. Well done guys. Pity the monthly wasn't like this as I am sure it would still be here. Mind you don't think I could justify the 7 monthly...

Quote Originally Posted by Airconboy View Post
    Yeah it's a really good show. Well done guys. Pity the monthly wasn't like this as I am sure it would still be here. Mind you don't think I could justify the 7 monthly...
    You haven't got enough money to justify a monthly. They haven't got enough material to justify a monthly. Seems a no-brainer to me: we go bi-curious, or whatever it's called. Which is what has happened. Result.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Assimilating with the cyber-hive since 2004.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    1 hour ago reply retweet

Got my copy today, and bar some sloppy writing/proofing, it's a damn fine effort. Well done to the team.

Like Airconboy I couldn't stretch to 7 quid if it was monthly, but this got me thinking, as I subscribe to a few mags that have a similar page count (if not more), and they're priced at the 4.95 mark.

Counting the front/back cover, the Boards Annual has 180 pages, 40 of which are advertising, so that's 140 pages of editorial, which is good.

Looking at my April 2011 edition of the monthly Boards, that was 132 pages with 30 pages of ads, so 112 pages of editorial. (Priced at 4.10.)

The question is, do you reckon it's worth the extra 2.85 for the extra 28 pages?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tusk View Post
    Got my copy today, and bar some sloppy writing/proofing, it's a damn fine effort. Well done to the team.

Like Airconboy I couldn't stretch to 7 quid if it was monthly, but this got me thinking, as I subscribe to a few mags that have a similar page count (if not more), and they're priced at the 4.95 mark.

Counting the front/back cover, the Boards Annual has 180 pages, 40 of which are advertising, so that's 140 pages of editorial, which is good.

Looking at my April 2011 edition of the monthly Boards, that was 132 pages with 30 pages of ads, so 112 pages of editorial. (Priced at 4.10.)

The question is, do you reckon it's worth the extra 2.85 for the extra 28 pages?
    Are we buying content by weight now? I'm hoping that with six months to work on it, and a mag that fetches 7 quid, we can say goodbye to wetsuit brochure re-prints and bought in travel features.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Assimilating with the cyber-hive since 2004.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    1 hour ago reply retweet

What happened to the other thread on this?