Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default UK windsurfing weather from April 2nd (2nd edition)

It seems this weeks weather thread has been eaten. Oh well, lets just carry on as if it hasn't....

Wind WSW at 19.0 mph
    10 min average wind speed: 17.0
    Highest Gust: 21.0 at 15:55

Guess I could have used my new sail after all. Not that I've missed much, just a bit of on/off planing at best so I'm not too upset it filled in too late for me as usual...

Gone ESE on Thurs fivecast for Minster now, woohoo!

Although I suspect its going to be a 'hang around beach all day with finger up in air' job to cash in.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

DESTRUCTION LOG:
    - Discontinued :-)

“As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!”

I'm hoping to sail Westward Ho tomorrow enroute to Cornwall. Despite the cold/rain it looks like it could be excellent with a solid little swell and cross off NE wind. Current plan is to leave London early doors and arrive from 12 onwards for the pushing tide.

Hoping to get a session in at Daymer on Thurs morning as well, before the wife and non windsurfing friends arrive for Easter. Does anyone know if it works in a NE?

Am also heading that way for Thursday - thinking of Hayle in NE - anyone know if that is a good bet?
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED 31 Dec 2012
    Bumper Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    Am also heading that way for Thursday - thinking of Hayle in NE - anyone know if that is a good bet?
    Hi Rod
    Down here with the family not sure were to sail myself had a look at Gwithian today looks like it Could work in NE maybe a bit of a wind shadow.Might take another look tomorrow afternoon with a view to sail Thursday.
    Shame have not spent much time here and the good old SW wind has let me right down!

Hi Paul,

Godrevy is excellent in a NNE - but not sailed there in a ENE as it maybe on Thursday. Nevertheless hoping that Gwithian or Hayle will deliver. Looks like a chunky NW swell on the way too.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED 31 Dec 2012
    Bumper Christmas

Hayle might be ok if there is lots of e in it but its an onshore messy ripfest if there is a lot of N in it. Gwithian has always been better on ne when I've been there.

If there is groundswell then sennen could be awesome if you sail upwind from the carpark to where its side off and bigger.

Not sure if daymer will work but Watergate bay might if there is enough n in it, or harlyn if there is lots of e. I've had a good session at harlyn in an e with a small windswell.