Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Quote Originally Posted by Arf View Post
    Kbay eyeball - nowhere near as big as last week, very clean, NW starting to come through. Just waiting for company.
    I'd be interested to hear how you got on. A cold front came through the Solent just before 12 and the wind switched from SW to NW in one, it was straight up to 30 knots and very very cold. 3.5 degrees.
    It is what it is.

Tomorrows forecast for north kent coast has picked up. Looks like its going to be very strong NW all day. Currently promising to be 3.7 weather.

I've just come back from Westbrook where it was totally flat. Yesterday, MSW was forecasting 9ft wind waves for joss bay tomorrow, but oddly they are now forecasting nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
    Looking forward to some footage later. How long did it take you to get down there?
    7 hours from Rochester driving (the speed limit + 4mph), thats the round trip. It's a pain! but worth it usually.

Quote Originally Posted by /Vico View Post
    I'd be interested to hear how you got on. A cold front came through the Solent just before 12 and the wind switched from SW to NW in one, it was straight up to 30 knots and very very cold. 3.5 degrees.
    I got to K just as it swung, it was very offshore, was a bit terrified to go so waited for other windies to arrive. While in the water it swung a little more cross. When the NW started blowing around 11, it became bloody freezing!! By the end of my session the sun made an appearance and I was quite comfortable walking around in just my towel for about 5 mins.

Gotta try get the wetsuit dry for tomorrow now, will be back on here in an hour or two to hatch a plot for tomorrow!
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

DESTRUCTION LOG:
    - Discontinued :-)

“As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!”

Ah sounds like a good session...like other, I pussied out and tiled the bathroom! Well up for a session tomorrow now though.
    Simmer Blacktip 5.6 in fantastic condition £160
    Aeron MCT 150-200 boom in great condition £60 - Attachment 9105 - SOLD
    Goya Quad - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
    Tomorrows forecast for north kent coast has picked up. Looks like its going to be very strong NW all day. Currently promising to be 3.7 weather.

I've just come back from Westbrook where it was totally flat. Yesterday, MSW was forecasting 9ft wind waves for joss bay tomorrow, but oddly they are now forecasting nothing.
    It's changed to WNW, thats probably why no waves :-(
    So, slightly cross off at (probably) waveless Camber, or cross on port tack at Westbrook with (perhaps) some chunky windswell?

No competition there methinks.

DESTRUCTION LOG:

“As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!”

Quote Originally Posted by Arf View Post
    It's changed to WNW, thats probably why no waves :-(
    So, slightly cross off at (probably) waveless Camber, or cross on port tack at Westbrook with (perhaps) some chunky windswell?

No competition there methinks.
    I can bunk off work any time in the day. High tide 9.30, stacks of wind all day (hopefully). Supposed to chuck it down in the pm.

Whats your thinking, get down there an hour or 2 after high?

Currently gusting 50mph

I'm not sure yet, shawn is suggsting Minster as it minimises on faffing about in the cold (4-5 tomorrow, and the strong winds will bring that windchill on). I'm curious what Westbrook will be like given could be large wind swell.

Don't think there's any point going further east, Sam reckons Botany (but has to work). I don't want to sail botany in those sorta winds, could even be slightly cross off, but if there are any waves they'll be wrapping round the point and coming in the same direction as the wind I think.

After today's very trying session I am tempted by a well powered flattish water session at Minster, work on those gybes.. Maybe best decide in the morning. I'll PM you my number. Either way I usually arrive 9/9:30 and have to leave 12:30ish.

DESTRUCTION LOG: