Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Smile The Moves that Matter

I am kicking off this thread to get some feedback on my new technique series:

http://boards.mpora.com/technique/je...at_matter.html

I look forward to you following it, hearing your feedback on here and fielding your questions.

Lets take it to the top in '12 and enjoy the journey and the view on the way there : )
    www.jemhall.com

RRD boards, suits and harnesses / EZZY SAILS / Pro Sport Sunblock

2014 Clinics:
    Brandon Bay, Ireland - September 27 / October 4th SOLD OUT
    Jeri, Brazil - November 28 - December 15 / 2 clinics / SOLD OUT
    2015 Clinics:
    Marsa Alam, Egypt in March .. Moulay, Morocco / waves in May .. Rhodes in June .. Psc, Baja, Mexico / waves in August

jem@jemhall.com
    Focus, believe and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by jemhall.com View Post

Lets take it to the top in '12 and enjoy the journey and the view on the way there : )
    ?
    It is what it is.

Yadda, yadda...

Just get out there, sail as much as you can and have as much fun as you can... and don't let Arf learn to loop before you do!!!
    Sessions 2014: Windsurfing - 3, SUP - 22

http://boards.mpora.com/technique/je...at_matter.html

Holy Trinity bibles and rosary beads out please.

Thats what is great about sailing with a GPS, you have many targets every session, of course these are different to jumping/wave techniques, but to achieve the targets you definitely have to push yourself and make the right choices each session in terms of kit and which ones to go for.

Going a bit OT - Jem, have you looked into providing your 3 training dvd's as a paid for down load? I've tried copying my (paid for!) copies on to my iPad via the normal software that's out there, but have only been able to do it so that the whole dvd runs as a film - ie you can't search and play the specific chapters out of the set order.
    Just thinking - the initial sales rush has probably slowed down - getting a cheaper down load version (cheaper as they wouldn't need to be manufactured on dvd) - could revitalise sales, so everyone benefits.
    Just a thought.
    Hoping to sail every month of 2012 - Jan, Feb and March done

Jem - I'd like some insight into shuvits.. Every time I try one I carve hard upwind towards piece of chop, hit it, but then it just turns into an upwind jump? I dont understand how i get over the top of the sail? The same goes for top turns when backside wave riding - I just cant seem to get the sail laid back down the wave?
    I get the feeling I need to oversheet the sail as i carve to depower it and then push hard with the front hand, but I cant seem to get the timing right? Any thoughts?
    Cheers
    jon