Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Harness's

Re-Fresh

Default Best Harness's

Anyone got any strong opinions on which Harness to buy,Getting back pain after windsurfing, usually a sign an old harness needs replacing.

I've the north Airback which I like, the new one is in pink and white for men, 2 colours that sould never be in windsurfing.

Then there's Dakine but I never found they last long witout going soft... £140

Simmer Mayhem which I know nothing about...

The Mystic

This has a knob which allows the harness to be re-tensioned while sailing.

See Video

The Mystic Code Collection with BOA Technology Explained from Mysticboarding on Vimeo.

I actually like the look of this, I think it would be good to be able to wack on more tension while you sail as harness's always seem to get looser when I sail.

Be interesting to see if anybody else has this, it's the most expensive at £164.95 I like the idea there of being able to pop all the tension off in one go, say if you wanted to try a freestyle move and wanted a looser harness??

Then there is the Flying objects which looks cool but not sure what it's like?

Comments welcome

">The Mystic Code Collection with BOA Technology Explained from Mysticboarding on Vimeo.

Strong opinions on harnesses? Nahh, probably not.. http://boards.mpora.com/forums/want-...ss-t57551.html

I think the pink/white one is rather pretty, personally.

Have the flying objects harness..tis comfy for sure...plenty strong so far, but found the bar rising a fair bit (thats my view). Pretty much sorted that issue by adding one of these..

http://www.surfladle.co.uk/products/...l.php?PID=1484
    Jag är ett förlorat Viking

Fins are for fish

Love the North waist harness, best harness I've used, only waist that suits me and doesn't ride up.
    Sessions 2014: Windsurfing - 3, SUP - 22

I looked at a few harness's last week - same reason - im getting some lower back pain.

As ever - the general concensus is to try one on, and see which fits best.

Another tip to determine stiffness/support is to try and compress the back, top to bottom

BUT regardless of fit i can say:

- The Simmer waist harness is real nice (ihave one) but quite softish

- The T5 looks good with nice support...but has sliding hook which im not sure i want to spend money on to find out i dont like it...and im not sure how locked in the bar is...rides up?

- The Ions seem very very well made....they do loads of models with different stifness levels. Nik Baker developed the Relay model specifically for his bad back? I think he also did the North one you list? The Radium looks awesome too....im prob gonna buy one of these two models

- the North also looks v solid (see remark above about Nik Baker input)...but pink...WTF?
    http://pembswindsurfing.blogspot.com
    Thoughts, Stories and Exploits from a DTL duffer!

PS
    Im not sure about the bar pads...you dont want the bar to ride up...but also I personally dont want a load
    of material / neoprene in front of you bulking it up. I want supportive but unobtrusive.
    Last edited by Northy; 1st October 2011 at 10:38 AM.
    http://pembswindsurfing.blogspot.com
    Thoughts, Stories and Exploits from a DTL duffer!

I have a simmer mayhem and its great. I currently have a sliped disk and I still managed to sail last weekend.