Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Marsa Alam

Default Marsa Alam

Hi,

I'm heading on a Jem Hall clinic in March... Counting the days
    I've been working really hard on getting the fitness levels up but i'm a bit worried about how my hands might hold up! Has anyone got any ideas how to prevent the hands from blistering etc etc?

Will I also need to bring a wetsuit with me? I've looked at some stats on the Club Mistral website and it's seems quite warm?? Some searches on the web have thrown up that I need a summer suit?

Finally ideas how much one would need to take?

Any other suggestion on how to prep for one of Jems clinics would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance
    B

Done Egypt a few times in March. Can still be a little cool if it's howling so certainly worth taking a shorty.

Not sure if there's much else around hotel so should imagine most of your spending will be in hotel so can can put it all on card.

As for the hands get down to your local church and do some bell ringing.

Blisters disappear as you get callouses and your technique improves. Early on don't destroy the holiday by windsurfing so much you're covered in blisters on day 1 & 2.

Yep - Bring your summer wetsuit but Club Mistral might have one you can borrow.

Egypt is cheap - Bring British pounds and change as you need it. For a week I wouldn't bring more than 300 but id probably be taking a lot of it back to the UK with me. If you use a credit card make sure its one that doesn't load a commission onto it. Bring an empty plastic bottle of water into departures at Gatwick and fill it up from the water fountain - that should save about 100.

Prep wise how about one his DVD's - or my favourite the http://tricktionary.net/ DVD + Book.

Quote Originally Posted by b-two View Post
    Hi,
    I'm heading on a Jem Hall clinic in March... Counting the days
    I've been working really hard on getting the fitness levels up but i'm a bit worried about how my hands might hold up! Has anyone got any ideas how to prevent the hands from blistering etc etc?
    Tons of moisturiser. Really. And gloves if you need them (to give your hands a rest before they split). If you break the skin its game over (at least in the learning new things stakes).

Every year I do about 2 weeks in nuking Moulay in Morocco (3.7m-4m + big waves) and I haven't broken the skin on my hands yet. Moisturiser is the secret.

More difficult for you will be dealing with the 'you're a bender quotient'. For that there are no solutions once you are there.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED 31 Dec 2012
    Bumper Christmas

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    Moisturiser is the secret.
    Bender

http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED 31 Dec 2012
    Bumper Christmas

I think there's a few of the Eastbourne crowd going on that clinic, so you won't be short of gybe markers :-)
    Can't jump, won't jump.