Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: LOOP CLUB

Hey there loopers and wannabe loopers, i m just back from 3 weeks coaching in Prasonisi, Rhodes including a dedicated loop week, and both my clients and i have come up with the rules for loop club.

kit set up - the good old generous straps and relativley high boom
    Get very good at popping with weight over board in flat water
    flat water is less scary and will amke you learn a better technique
    do bucket loads of wymaroos - both ways
    oh yes and try it both ways
    be powered up but not too much, even underpowered works ok
    Do it with friends, peers, video analysis and be positive and congratulate yourself and the crew at all times

Pop with sail open and back hand way down boom and front hand at front line (gets rig more forwards and across and sail open lifts nose for pop)
    get nose up and throw rig forwards and across
    then look behind you and pull in
    perfect this rig forwards and across technique in waves or your vertical mast washing forwards will be stunted for life

These wymaroo style proper forwards hurt less and every catapault, even without the board, is less scary and painful. Even people who could not gybe were trying them. Just keep pullin the trigger for 20 - 50 mins every session but not all day. Focus your efforts. Loop club the short movie will follow soon, recording all these great antics.

I hand over to loopers who are following this and even those who arent - yet!!
    Follow these rules and you will be rewarded and many other moves will follow.

Pull the trigger
    Jem
    [img]uploads/jemhallcom/2007-09-28_140740_IMG_2931_v_SM_webjpg[/img]
    www.jemhall.com

RRD boards, suits and harnesses / EZZY SAILS / Pro Sport Sunblock

2014 Clinics:
    Marsa Alam, Egypt - March 5 and 12 - selling steadily
    Moulay, Morocco (wave/advanced) - May 1 Sold Out and 8 Sold Out
    Perfect Prasonisi, Reliable Rhodes - June 11 selling, 18 selling and 25 Sold Out
    jem@jemhall.com
    Focus, believe and Enjoy!

[img]uploads/jemhallcom/2007-09-28_141237_IMG_2931_v_SMfor_web.jpg[/img]
    www.jemhall.com

2014 Clinics:
    Perfect Prasonisi, Reliable Rhodes - June 11 selling, 18 selling and 25 Sold Out
    jem@jemhall.com

Went for my first forwards on port today.
    Was back to square one. 4 under rotations, feet flying out the straps, then one endo/crash on back from great height.
    I've started to get my starboard attempts quite whippy, and these port ones were lame and forced.
    Still, have broken through the fear barrier, which is the main thing.

Well done Grawp on your Port tack forwards - got to get all our moves both ways hey : )
    Doing a move on your 'opportunity to improve side' will make you appreciate the finer points of the techniques and skills required and will mean your performance in that skill will get better on both sides

FAKE FORWARDS
    i m not so keen on these but if they work for you, that is great. I feel it is better to do drills that get the rig 'Forward and Across' and not initially downwind and to leeward. Wymaroos, pops and then just heading off the wind and pulling the trigger.

Feel the fear and do it anyway.

FYI - i have the last few palces available to book on my loop clinic in Rhodes on June 30 - get in touch jem@jemhall.com
    www.jemhall.com

2014 Clinics:
    jem@jemhall.com

Spring is here and the wind has returned, carpe diem as they say. So lets get you wannabe loopers enjoying the journey and working the tail up jumps / wymaroos and of course pulling the trigger.

And lets get you loopers higher, faster and cleaner - set a new standard and lets see come action : )

shingly tells me that he will be flying this flag when he's trying some loops (so don't be surprised if you never see it at a beach near you )
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED 31 Dec 2012
    Bumper Christmas

i've sailed 5 times this year, only twice with less than a 6.2

my 2010 loop count = 9
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED 31 Dec 2012
    Bumper Christmas